Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone is getting issues with TouchID sometimes not recognising your fingerprints when you tap on a notification on the lock screen? I've had this issue on beta 6 and now Beta 7 and am wondering if others have experienced this? Doesn't happen all the time, but can randomly refuse to unlock.

Thanks

uhaas

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2012
Boston, MA
No. Although on earlier betas with the 5S test phone, it would run the CPU so hard the phone would lock up for short bursts, usually while updating apps.

Mrjynx

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2006
Toronto
I jumped onto beta 7 coming from ios10 and have noticed Touch ID is acting up. It’s just as fast but seems to not recognize my finger much more frequently.

I’m on 6s, performance overall seems on par with ios10 encase anyone is wondering.

mikiotty

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2014
Rome, Italy
Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone is getting issues with TouchID sometimes not recognising your fingerprints when you tap on a notification on the lock screen? I've had this issue on beta 6 and now Beta 7 and am wondering if others have experienced this? Doesn't happen all the time, but can randomly refuse to unlock.

Thanks

Yes, I have the same exact problem since beta 5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.