Anyone go totally naked? Was in the apple store today and

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wadawow, Aug 13, 2011.

1. wadawow macrumors member

all of those naked iphones are just so damn sleek and sexy. Makes me want to take off all of the protection and let it be freeeee. Crazy? lol

2. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Phew! (was on the wrong page the first time I read it :D)

Yeah, I don't typically like cases either.

3. luked14 macrumors 6502

4. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Cases suck.

People tell me "well its an expensive electronic, what if you drop it?!" to which I say "well your computer is an expensive electronic, do you put a case on that as well?" :p

Of course for the clumsy types though its a money saver... ;)

5. mattdo93 macrumors 6502

mattdo93

Yeah naked iPhones are the sleekest and sexiest, but for alot of people including me, the risk of dropping it is just too much. And even if there's people that never drop it, among them are people who obsessively clean it (again, including myself) and a case/screen protector really helps here.

I do take it out and use it naked from time to time. But not for long, because of annoying fingerprints. And when I go out, I definitely put a case on it. I use the Incase Snap because it's the most minimalistic ;)

6. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

From time to time I go all naked. Whenever I switch from one case or bumper to another there's a short period where I do that. Well maybe not completely naked. I have a invisible shield on the back but you can barely see it.

7. iMaconApple macrumors 6502a

i like the naked iphone..i dont use case much..the only cases i like are bumper kind so it does not hide the sleek look of the iphone 4..ill pop in the bumper once a while if ill be out and about :)

8. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

If it's a 3GS it doesn't matter. Those aren't very sleek in the first place, but the iPhone 4, DEFINITELY rock it nude ;)

I have a case on right now, but it's Kermit the Frog, and that was too awesome to pass up haha.

9. digitalfx macrumors 6502a

digitalfx

Ive never had a case on my iphone4, dropped it a 3-4 times in the past 1.5 years and it still looks perfect. Cases hide the the aesthetic of the phone, and it fits better in my pocket.

10. Papanate macrumors regular

When I got my iPhone I loved the look and feel of no case...but was told by everyone...get a case, put a screen protector on.

I hated both...the screen protector ruined the tactile feel of the glass I liked.
    The case took away the cool sleek feel I loved.

Now I'm as naked as a jaybird with my iPhone. And I enjoy it more.

11. tigress666 macrumors 68040

I'd let it go naked if State Farm still would insure it under their personal articles policy (they no longer do cellphones :( ).

I'm too poor though to risk it so it gets a case.

I'd say do it if you can afford to buy another one (and it won't be much of an economic hardship for you) if you drop it. But as some one said, it's a money saver for us clumsy types (actually, I'd argue except for the very non clumsy type it's a money saver for a lot of people. The difference between even a laptop and a phone is you are carrying the phone a lot more and will have a lot more chances to drop it or have it fall out of your pocket/purse. State Farm when they insured my cellphone charged me more for the phone than the laptop despite the laptop being more expensive cause far more likely they'd have to insure the phone).

12. Hook'Em2006 macrumors 6502

When I had my black iPhone 4 I used a few different cases. I actually tried the otter box. Man was that thing bulky. But, when I bought the white iPhone 4, i decided to go with a bumper and no screen protecter. The screen has some very minor scratches that you can only see in the right light. I will probably never use another screen protecter as it makes the screen look like garbage. As for a case, if I happen to find one that is just to awesome to pass up, I probably won't use one of those again either.:apple::D

13. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

primarily go commando.

there are times I put the apple bumper on for a week or two lol

14. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

It's rare for me to use a case on my iPhone 4, but I do here and there for no reason.

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I tried it once.
    They called security and kicked me out:D

16. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i used to use a send ultra slim case, but now i go naked. it was made for its design in mind.

17. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

I love the look of the naked iPhone 4, but it is way too slippery for me. This is why I love Apple's bumper. Just enough coverage to give it a bit of grip and to keep the back elevated off the desk. The only thing I hate about the bumper is the tiny cutout for the dock connector. Apple sure loves dropping support for previous generations. My Apple A/V cable won't even fit. I had to take my rotary tool to the cutout and enlarge it. Now it fits the old style plugs, but it also led to an early demise of the bumper since it weakened it. It's just barely limping along for now since I can't decide if I want to get the new iPhone when it is released or just keep this one for another year.

Oh, and no need to for screen protectors for me. I never have and never will have on on my phone.

Sorry. A bit off topic. Naked FTW!!

18. endo689 macrumors newbie

I've been going naked with my VZW iPhone 4 now since launch and it's got no scratches :) Although from time to time I'll use a case but it's a Elago slim fit case. If you go naked more power to ya but should you want a case that doesn't compromise the look of this sexy gadget these are great.

19. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

Naked since day one. That includes the first iPhone, iPhone 3G and iPhone 4. I don't like cases or screen protectors at all.

20. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Oh brother. :rolleyes:

21. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I use the Apple bumper on mine. The naked iPhone is just too slippery in my opinion.

22. hobo.hopkins macrumors 6502a

hobo.hopkins

I'm the same way. I own a bumper that I never use. I just love the look and feel of the iPhone too much to use a case.

23. iMacJunkie macrumors regular

I have never had a case for my AT&T iPhone 4.

I couldn't stand a case. It's so pretty without one.

24. GrendelsBane macrumors newbie

I've taken the middle road. I use a clear Moshi case, which offers minimum protection due to its thinness and the fact that it's hard plastic. It looks 'naked'. I put a screen protector on initially but eventually peeled it off: I really don't see the point.

25. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

i don't call it naked, i call it caseless.

I keep my iPhone caseless.