Anyone going nüüd? (iPhone 6 plus)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by PC Surgeon, Sep 15, 2014.

1. rfc1918 macrumors member

I really wish they were offering the Fre case. IMHO it doesn't make sense to go to the extreme of using a Lifeproof case and deal with the usual downsides if you're not getting screen protection. I also feel better with a fully sealed case for the water protection feature.

2. Jizzles macrumors regular

I had the nuud and didn't like it. I took it in the pool with me and noticed water got in after a few quick underwater shots. Not worse the money and hassle if one day the seals fail.

Also, if water gets in for whatever reason lifeproof doesn't offer any kind of warranty. I'll invest in square trade and the new gopro when it comes out. If I really want to take my phone near any water, then I'll just buy a generic waterproof bag/container.

3. jcr918 macrumors regular

I will be buying one. I don't take my phone underwater not worth the gamble. I just use mine when I am storm chasing in the rain or on the side of my pool to change the music. I don't think I could ever trust a lifeproof case.

I found the cases break's down and I could see some issues happening. For light rain or touching the iPhone when your hands are wet the cases rock.

4. Jizzles macrumors regular

That's true but the price tag doesn't just light use when they advertise what it could be protected by.

5. maliu macrumors 6502a

I don't usually take my phone underwater. But I do get rained on a lot. Been using LP cases since they were first released. Except for echoing on speakerphone, I love them. If there is a Nuud made for my 6 I will buy it.

6. prodigee macrumors 6502a

Can't wait, have one for my 5 and love it. It's taken a number of accidental swims in puddles of beverages spilled at bars, dropped into a puddle once, and never given me an issue. I don't ever really use my phone underwater, so I don't have that issue, even though all of my tests never resulted in any water getting in. Provided great protection through a number of heavy falls while skiing too. I probably won't use it as a daily case on my 6+, but definitely will be used when I go out or do action sports kind of stuff that I need to keep my phone on me.

7. dianestory2 macrumors 6502

I love those cases! Very reliable. Great for water, etc. One of my fears is accidentally dropping my phone in a sink; these make me feel tons better.

I just don't like the title of them. Went to one of those beaches once... one of the most bizarre experiences I've ever had.

8. faded03cobra macrumors regular

can the nuud be used with a glass screen protector or any for that matter?

9. bambooshots macrumors 65816

No they cannot.

I do like the life proof cases but they do substantially augment the size of the device. It essentially made my 5s pretty much the size do the incoming 4.7 iPhone 6.

I may stick to something slimmer this time, in light of my ordering a 6 Plus.

10. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

11. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

No, I don't want to give false trust to a case.

It's not if it leaks, it's when.