Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Omad0n

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 26, 2002
Seattle, WA
... Hi all, I was just curious about something. I recently got a new Radeon 8500 card, but the thing is it won't work with my ADC Apple 15 inch display. So the question is, should I buy the display connector? or should i sell the old monitor and just buy a new one, non-ADC, that is bigger? Also anyone interested in a year old 15 inch. model ADC FLat apple monitor?

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
Just buy the adapter. It's a lot less hassle (and money). Unless you're not satisfied with the resolution/size, then it sounds like you're looking for bigger and better anyway. What model G4 are you using?

Omad0n

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 26, 2002
Seattle, WA
I'm just using a g4 400

so it's about time for an upgrade ideally, unfortunately though I don't live in an ideal world so I'll be with this comp. for a while longer.

menoinjun

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2001
Well considering that the adapter is $150, I say buy a new monitor. You can probably get around $300 for your 15" ADC, add to that another couple hundred and get a kickin 17" LCD from Sony. Hell, If you don't mind CRT, then get a Sony Trinitron 19". That's what I am using right now, and let me tell you, it kicks some serious butt.

Aperture Grill
Low dot pitch (.24?)
Perfect Flat screen
Nice design.

$399.

-Pete

Omad0n

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 26, 2002
Seattle, WA
Are you talking about the 19” FD Trinitron® CRT
HMD-A400/L ? it's on clearence for $299 :) or the Pro version? ANy model details would be very helpful

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.