Anyone got the new Nike+ Training shoes...with the sensors?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by snowydog, Jul 8, 2012.

1. snowydog macrumors 6502

http://nikeplus.nike.com/plus/

£170 for the women's training shoe ... as I've just finished a degree in sports science, I'm obviously quite curious and interested in these, but the price is pretty big! I've got a bit of money as present for graduating but I dunno if I should take the plunge and buy these...I'm planning on getting the new iPhone when it comes out

2. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

Check the recent posts the post a pic of your last purchase thread. I think somebody grabbed a pair and said a few things about them.

3. snowydog thread starter macrumors 6502

Ooo thanks I'll check that out

4. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i wanted to get the basketball version, but none of the stores in my area had them. maybe one day i'll get a pair

5. 184550, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012

184550 Guest

Dick's Sporting Goods (and likely any other sporting equipment retailer) sells a little pouch ($8, I think) that velcros securely to your shoelaces in which you can insert the Nike+ sensor ($20).

I tried the sensor for a few weeks but didn't get consistent data from it. I ended up returning the sensor and trying the Nike+ GPS app. It worked marginally better but then it went through a week where it wouldn't measure the distance correctly at all, despite repeated attempts to calibrate the app.

I finally ditched both. YMMV, but I'd recommend trying the pouch/ sensor solution first as it's the cheapest if you find you don't like the results/ non consistent data.

6. eric/ Guest

eric/

What exactly is the point of these?

Can somebody explain in layman's terms?

7. 184550 Guest

Measures pace, distance, cumulative mileage, calories burned, trends, etc...

I found that it was a great motivator because I liked to see my trends/ stats build on the Nike+ site daily.

8. eric/ Guest

eric/

Ah. Yeah definitely not something I need.