Anyone had or have issues with internet on unlocked iphone in UK?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by julianna1973, Aug 24, 2009.

1. julianna1973 macrumors 6502

julianna1973

Im thinking of going back to the original iphone for a while. Considering getting it unlocked but I would like to know what the best sim only tariff is out there & also to know wether other networks internet plans work ok or is there glitches?

Im thinking of maybe using Virgin for a while! I think i remember them telling me it was 30p a day to use internet.

2. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

Hey there. I've had my original unlocked for a good while and never had a problem. When I first went on T-mobile you weirdly couldn't access the App store unless you were on wifi, but that stopped after about a week.

I switched from O2 to T-mobile and went on their sim only deal - £20/month gets you 600 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited internet.

T-mobile doesn't have any EDGE network though so it's all GPRS. I switched anyway because the only place I got EDGE with O2 was at home :rolleyes:

3. julianna1973 thread starter macrumors 6502

julianna1973

Anyone using an Unlocked iPhone on UK Tmobile?

I have looked around the networks & Im keen on going to the Solo fixed sim card. Only thing is, since they dont officially support iPhone, i dont want hassle in connecting to the internet.

So if anyone has already solved this issue, if there was an issue, please can you tell me?

Thanks

4. manorpark macrumors member

J

I am using vodafone and they have great 3G coverage and good signal, I have used it to both tether and on the phone with no problems.

Have a look at the sim only options and it's £5 per month to add the internet.

MP

5. julianna1973 thread starter macrumors 6502

julianna1973

What settings did you need to get the internet connection to work?

6. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

On t-mobile? I just googled "t-mobile uk APN settings" and entered into the phone what came up.

I cancelled my t-mobile contract last week and am on payg with someone else just now (moving country next week) so I can't check the settings but it was something like general.t-mobile.co.uk