Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

taiwanese

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
I just noticed mine rattles when I shake it. Is it normal? I don't think it was like that before. It has been naked since box opening

taiwanese

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Question. Why are you shaking you iPhone?

LOL, sorry I wasn't clear......I first heard it when I took it out of my pocket and placed by ear for a call.....

THEN I started to shake it to replicate it.....

----------

No looser than my 4 and 4s were. Which is to say, if you shake to undo you will feel a slight rattle. But that is normal.

I see.... I don't remember any rattles from my 4 and 4S days.....but I guess it still works perfectly so not worth going into the Apple store for...

Jinzen

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
LOL, sorry I wasn't clear......I first heard it when I took it out of my pocket and placed by ear for a call.....

THEN I started to shake it to replicate it.....

----------

I see.... I don't remember any rattles from my 4 and 4S days.....but I guess it still works perfectly so not worth going into the Apple store for...

Some rattle a bit, some don't. Either way, it's not really a problem. Most iphones rattle internally anyway (camera lens).

Jinzen

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2012
Thanks

Didnt know about the lens....Oh well:rolleyes:

Hold your power button steady and shake the phone, you'll probably still hear a small rattle inside. If it's a big thud though, then you have a battery issue being loose (my first iPhone 5).

taiwanese

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Hold your power button steady and shake the phone, you'll probably still hear a small rattle inside. If it's a big thud though, then you have a battery issue being loose (my first iPhone 5).

OMG, you're right!!! Thanks for ruining my day.....

LOL, just kidding

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.