Anyone has an iPhone 5 that did NOT have yellow tint issue

rainman7

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
Seems like everyone around me has that problem, and there are several threads going on here.
If your iPhone 5 has no yellow tint issue, do you mind posting a pic on here, just want to compare it against mine, thanks

zorinlynx

macrumors 603
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
A pic won't help; cameras will generally adjust color balance so you won't be able to tell how yellow or blue your screen is.

That said, the iPhone 5 has a slightly lower color temperature than the 4. I noticed this and found it pleasing. I wouldn't worry about it; you'll get used to it soon enough.

Comment

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
I noticed a slight one, compared to my 4S, then went to the Apple store and compared it to 3 display models....I discovered that mine is much brighter and whiter than theirs. One employee actually thought the display phones had a lower brightness setting, until I showed him that I had set them and mine as high as it would go. So, I have the better screen!!!

Comment

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
No issues here, either. My 4S has a bluer screen, but the screen on my iPhone 5 is pure white - no blue or yellow that I can detect.

Comment

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
An ever so slightly warmer tone is not yellow. Not bluish is not yellow. Yellow is yellow. Lemon Jello is yellow. Tweety is yellow. This smiley is yellow. :)

Comment

lookn4wifi

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
My whites are white unlike my 3GS which has a slight blue tint. No yellow.

Comment

BIRDinho

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2010
Someone posted a fix for this. I don't know if it's purely psychological but it definitely worked for me:

Put your brightness to 50% and toggle on auto brightness while in a normally lit room. Then go to a light or lamp and face the front of the screen directly to the light source and wait for the brightness level to automatically move up to 100%. Then return to the normally lit room and wait for it to go back down to 50%. Check results.

:cool:

Comment

ffohwx

macrumors member
May 7, 2010
Fairfield, Ohio
No yellow tint here. It's actually a better white balance than my old 4. It was too blue. My 5 is pretty much perfect. Not blue, not yellow. White is actually white.

Comment

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
Mine has yellow. Oh wait...thats urine. Nope...not on mine!
I'll bet that pissed you off...

----------

No yellow tint here. It's actually a better white balance than my old 4. It was too blue. My 5 is pretty much perfect. Not blue, not yellow. White is actually white.
That's was I noted in my post above. Pure white. I like it.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.