Anyone have 2 Watches?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Pravda, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Pravda macrumors 6502a

Pravda

I have the SS42mm Watch and recently with the announcement of Space Black on a sport strap, I'm thinking of picking that one up as well.

Anyone here have two Watches? Is it easy to swap back and forth? I think I'll have to unpair them from my iPhone and then repair again.
    Is this a PITA?

Thanks in advance.

2. Pug72 macrumors 6502a

Pug72

Yeah, you'll have to unpair & pair everytime you swap watches. A pain.

Hopefully Apple will add the ability to pair two watches at once in a future update, I have a SB that I have to swap bands to a Sportband and cover with a case when at work. Would love to be able to buy a Sport for work/training and use the SB at all other times.

3. Pravda thread starter macrumors 6502a

Pravda

Thanks you for your reply.

Does anyone know if I can use the same backup from the SS on the the new Space Black watch? Basically mirror the one I currently have on to the SB Watch?

4. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

I believe yes, you can use the same backup on as many watches as you want. The backup isn't specific to any one watch.

5. jaydee24601 macrumors regular

Yes you can ... I just did today!

6. Pravda thread starter macrumors 6502a

Pravda

Thank you for your reply !!!

How painful is it?

7. fania123 macrumors regular

fania123

It takes a couple minutes, not painful at all.

8. fania123 macrumors regular

fania123

9. nicho macrumors 68000

do you use apple pay?

that said, i'm currently in China and not going anywhere I could use it anytime soon. and if i did i'd only take one watch so keeping my sport when I get the stainless steel in a couple of weeks might not be so bad after all (i don't really want to sell it now, i think i'd take too much of a hit and if my watch or my wife's got broken by our baby... it'd probably cost as much to repair as i'd get for this one now)

10. Pravda thread starter macrumors 6502a

Pravda

Good question, will apple pay work on either paired watch or is it specific to a serial number of the watch it was originally set up on?

I think it's paired to the Apple ID and to the iPhone, not a particular Watch

11. Pravda thread starter macrumors 6502a

Pravda

Question, do you lose any activity progress on your rings when you switch watches?
    Thanks, sorry for hitting you up for so many question but I need to know what I'm getting myself into before I pull the trigger.

Thanks again.

12. Finiksa macrumors 6502a

Finiksa

Once authenticated Apple Pay information is stored encrypted in the Secure Element of Apple Watch (and separately in the iPhone Secure Element) that data can't be backed up so it's erased every time you unpair the watch.

13. Pravda thread starter macrumors 6502a

Pravda

So I'll have to call the bank every time I pair it to a new Watch to authenticate the new watch for Apple Pay?

14. fania123 macrumors regular

fania123

I didn't have to call my bank each time I switched watches.

Everything transfers over except apple pay, each time you switch watches you have to set it up again. For me it's not a big deal cause I really like both watches so

15. Pravda thread starter macrumors 6502a

Pravda

I agree with you. It's no big deal as long as the bank doesn't mind. I'd probably swap them every few months or so.

Thanks again for your feedback. Now I know what I'm getting myself into and it's not that big of a deal.

Cocked and locked and ready to rock.

16. CedarPoint182 macrumors member

As someone who has reset their Apple Watch numerous times, all Apple Pay information is indeed deleted as soon as you unpair the device. I never encountered a problem re-adding the card, though. (The bank never seemed to take issue with it or flag it in any way.)

Not that I currently have the money to do so, but I can see the attraction of having two Watches: a nicer SS version to wear out and about and Sport model to use for workouts, or even ones of different colors.

17. jcastillo20059 macrumors member

I just picked up the SBSS with Black Sports Band today, I got my SS on launch date but I always wanted the SBSS. I haven't been wearing my watch since July because I have been using an S6 for work until I get the 6s Plus, I am planning on selling my SS I don't think I will get anywhere close to retail so I'll probably let it go for around 500

18. Devie macrumors 6502a

I want one watch to able to connect to two phones