anyone have a 17" MBP ship yet? (EDIT: sexy pics on p.3)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aforty, Mar 3, 2008.

1. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

Seems like 17" are on delay at the online store. Anyone receive one yet either from a Apple store or online? If not what's your ship date?

17" hi-res (LED) matte order on Feb 26, shipping Mar 6 - 10

2. cujoe86 macrumors member

For me, I just bought one on March 1st, expected ship date is March 24th. I'll end up getting it just shy of 4 weeks from the time I bought it. :(

[​IMG]

3. rezonat0r macrumors 6502

Ah, you got the glossy. Those seem to be taking several weeks longer than matte screens. Apple quoted me a 7-10 business day ship time for the same config but with matte.

4. cujoe86 macrumors member

Really?? I wonder if its too late to change my order...? I could care less about the glossy or matte, I just wanted the hi-res led.

5. rezonat0r macrumors 6502

I do graphics work and hate glossy, but I'm biased. On a high res screen like that, I think the less glare the better. It's probably not too late to cancel and reorder with antiglare/matte.

6. leftroom macrumors 6502

My order was delayed yesterday.. 17" High Resolution LED Glossy

From March 3 to March 7. But on my Applestore account it says Ships by March 17 and Delivers by March 28.

:(

And I live in Sweden.

7. shreddy macrumors regular

I'm in the UK, ordered a 17" hi res glossy and my delivery date has been pushed out to a MONTH from the order date (ordered day of release, 26th) :(

Just looked at the store and they're showing ready to ship in 2-3 weeks...

[Note that the glossy screen is an LED backlit panel now so should be super bright I guess] <- I guess this is causing the delays?

8. shoppy macrumors 6502a

24hr shipping in the Uk for standard spec. I just ordered a new one.

9. stylishgeek macrumors newbie

i ordered the high res glossy last Wednesday (I live in the US) -

Shipped by March 19
    Delivered by March 24

:( indeed

10. jordanpn macrumors newbie

17" Hi-Res MBP shipped this morning

To my complete surprise and absolute excitement, my BTO 17" Hi-Res (matte) has shipped this morning. My original shipping estimate was March 6-11. I love Apple. What a nice surprise...

11. jordanpn macrumors newbie

Here's a screenshot

as of this AM (8am EST)...

Attached Files:

12. TortoiseAvenger macrumors newbie

When did you order yours!!!?!

[Edit]
    Duh... I just realized that was contained on the image.

I wonder if that means mine's coming... I ordered mine a few hours after you did.

13. aforty thread starter macrumors 65816

aforty

Holy **** that's awesome. I'm so jealous, my date was 6-11 as well but I just checked and no change. Maybe they're just shipping as they become available and I may be due next. What date and time did you order?

I ordered at around 12 noon EST on Feb 26th, you? (Trying to get a sense of when/if mine will ship early)

[edit] Ah yes, I remember now. I canceled my order and reordered (minus 7200rpm HD upgrade) and therefore mine is ordered at 12PM PST. Guess I got another day or two still to wait.

Congrats you two.

14. DND82 macrumors member

Did you have any other BTO options, like a 7200RPM HDD for instance?

I got the hi-res matte screen w/ everything else as standard, but ordered it late on the 26th. So it may take some time before it gets shipped. However good to see Apple is starting to ship them.

-Dane

15. jordanpn macrumors newbie

my BTO options were the hi-res (matte) screen and the 200GB 7200rpm drive, but nothing else (besides the Apple remote)... I ordered within the first half hour of the store coming back up on Tuesday using my ADC membership. It will be a rather nice machine for ~$2400. Can't wait till Friday...

16. cujoe86 macrumors member

I called Apple last night and asked about if I changed my order to the matte would I get it any sooner. The lady sounded unsure and too lazy to give me a shipment estimate and told me that it would probably stay the same dates if not later since she would have to cancel my order and resubmit a new one and put me at the back of the line again. I said no thanks. Plus I've heard a lot of good reviews on the new led glossys so I'ma just sit back and wait. As long as the new update doesnt out before I get it I'll be happy :rolleyes:

17. C.Steven macrumors newbie

I ordered a 17" 2.5 with hi res matte on 2/26 and it shipped today. I called Apple yesterday to change from standard to expedited shipping, and the lady there gave it to me for no charge.

Can't wait to replace my anitquated Ti G4. It will be Christmas in March!

18. aforty thread starter macrumors 65816

aforty

Luck you. I have my order page on auto-refresh but it's still not shipping. I also ordered on the 26th.

19. tremendous macrumors 6502

tremendous

first world problems :(

20. DND82 macrumors member

Thanks jordanpn.

C. Steven, do you have the same configuration?

-Dane

21. C.Steven macrumors newbie

The hi-res matte screen is the only BTO option I have on mine, plus the remote.

22. limeybast macrumors newbie

Only BTO option on my 17" is the matte hi-res screen.

Ordered 2/27 6:44 AM PST.

Original Ship dates: Mar 7 - 12.

Status just changed to Prepped for Shipment. Now for the Fedex tracking fun and games.

23. aforty thread starter macrumors 65816

aforty

Damnit!

Shipping from Mar 6 - 11th. Today is the 6th and it's still not shipping! I know, I know it could be up until the 11th but everyone else is getting theirs early it seems.

Com'on Apple, PLEASE!

24. DND82 macrumors member

Thanks C. Steven.

I checked my order status this morning and it too has changed to Prepared for Shipment.

-Dane

25. aforty thread starter macrumors 65816

aforty

Ok, this is NOT fair now. I ordered the 26th with the same setup. I'm calling Apple to complain.