Anyone have a Buffalo Linkstation? PCs work but not Mac w/Airport Extreme

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by meagain, Aug 11, 2007.

1. meagain macrumors 68030

I hope someone has this Linkstation and can share how you got it to work.
    We have it hooked to an Airport extreme wirelessly to our other computers. All the PCs can see the external drive very easily but not my iMac. I know it's in the bowls of my computer but I can't get the computer to accept it or keep it in the main section of Finder.

The TV computer (PC)'s iTunes running the Linkstation's HD also shows my iMac and I can access my iMac from it easily. I cannot see it on my iMac.
    I've dealt with AppleCare but they keep referring to it as a Buffalo issue. It's not. The Buffalo works fine. We've been at this for days now. Over and over again. No one can seem to help.

Could anyone relate how I can get this working? Thank you.

2. sblasl macrumors 6502a

sblasl

3. meagain thread starter macrumors 68030

Hi. Yes, I called Buffalo. They say everything sounds fine on their end and my computer is sort of seeing it, but iTunes (the only app I'm trying to use with this external) cannot see it for anything. They are at a loss.
    Applecare (3 calls) couldn't help either cuz they told me to call Buffalo.

:( I see it in my Finder. But iTunes just doesn't pick it up. I have 'sharing' enabled in iTunes. Not sure what else I'm missing but this is really bothering me. Not sure what part of this puzzle is broken at this point.

4. meagain thread starter macrumors 68030

I finally got it to work by going into the IP settings for the Linkstation in the browser. So relieved.

5. meagain thread starter macrumors 68030

Oh darn.... OK - When I close the computer at night or put it to sleep, etc. etc.... this 'share' dissappears from my main finder window.

I think it's not mounted but I can't mount it. Or, it mounts but dismounts on it's own. Would anyone know how to mount this thing?