Anyone have a FAN account with At&t through Macy's?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MrXiro, Nov 9, 2011.

1. MrXiro, Nov 9, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011

MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

I want to know if At&t takes 20% off of the 2gb ($25) data plan alongside the main minutes plan.

I am joining my mom's family plan and she just got 20% off her bill but since none of the plans have anything more than the 200mb data currently they didn't tell her anything about getting anything off of the higher data plans (which are the only ones that get a discount).

I've gone to my local At&t store and also called At&t 3 times and nobody seems to be able to give me a real answer of yes or no. One guy even said there is no way we get a 20% discount so clearly I can't rely on anyone at At&t actually being able to answer this question. One lady at the store did tell me that there are different discounts for different businesses. So some might have data off some might not.

I also don't live in the same state as my mom so I can't just walk back into the store and ask. I called them yesterday and they don't pick up the phone.

Could really use an answer if anyone of you work/has a FAN account through Macy's and has At&t.

2. HeyUStFU macrumors newbie

On ATT's FAN Plans the discount just comes off the main line voice plan, if you are an added line there is no discount off of that and the seperate data plan is never included I am on a FAN plan and receive a 22% discount but that does not include a discount off the unlimited data plan i have just the main line voice plan.

3. MrXiro thread starter macrumors 68040

MrXiro

That's discouraging but good to know. Thank you.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If you have a data only line (ie: laptop card) then you can get a data discount.

5. jfulcher macrumors regular

I get a 22% discount on my voice plan AND on my data plan. I do not get one on my SMS plan though.

6. antman2295 macrumors 6502

Our bill gets 18% off main voice line, and then 18% off data on all data plans 2gb or higher

7. deeddawg macrumors 604

Odd, seems to vary by FAN apparently. I get a 20% service discount and it's applied to the primary line, primary line data plan, $30 messaging plan, and a secondary line $25/2GB data plan. It does not apply to a third line's $15/200MB data plan or any of the additional lines.

8. DarkFlame macrumors regular

What is written above is false.

I get 23% on my data AND voice. I work for a top 10 bank in the U.S. and they decide how to structure discounts - every institution is different.

They're policy is they'll do a discount on any portion of my bill that is 25 dollars or greater. Therefor, the 20 dollar SMS does not qualify for a discount.

9. MrXiro thread starter macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Hmm... well I've heard it doesn't apply to any of the data plans under $25. Yeah it varies that is why I'm asking if anyone has a FAN account through Macy's specifically, since that is the one my mom has. I have one through Sony Pictures but I'm not the account holder and it's too big of a hassle to switch over 4 phones over to me then have to pay for my entire family's bill and wait for them to pay me back. They all live in Illinois and I'm in California.

----------

We have the 30 dollar family SMS and were told it doesn't qualify either.

So if I move my data to the $25 (2gb) plan on an additional line I WILL get the 20% off of it?

10. aneftp macrumors 68040

Depends on the FAN discount. AT&T used to give discounts for the $30 family text up until 2 years ago.

As for my fan.

I get 24% off voice and data on all of my lines even the secondary lines. It's clearly marked discount and I only pay $22.70 for unlimited data on all 3 of my $30 iPhone data plans in addition to paying $7.60 for each of the secondary lines.

11. Ajones330 macrumors 6502a

Ajones330

Yes you will get the discount off any data plan over $25. Your family text plan should also receive it. Check the bill cause it will show on the primary bill...

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Same here.
    Nothing off text messages but the family plan voice gets discounted and every data plan for all 3 iphone are discounted.
    The additional $9.99 per line are not discounted either but still pretty good.

13. MrXiro thread starter macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Sweet I'll put in the $25 dollar data after the discount kicks in then to try it out!

But none of you actually the specific Macy's FAN account right?

There is a possibility that they don't get it right?

14. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

call Att, they know more about FANs than MR

15. MrXiro thread starter macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Read my first post... called them 3 times and went to store. They don't know anything... one rep on the phone told me that a 20% discount is too high and doesn't even exist.

16. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Call and ask for enterprise support. The regular reps don't know their thumb from their pinky. Enterprise support is US-based and only manages business accounts or people with corporate FANs.

17. MrXiro thread starter macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Finally spoke to someone that has a brain at At&t!

Yes I will have Data covered if over $25 and up. So that includes unlimited eh?

Hmmmm

18. bgro macrumors 6502a

It all depends on your FAN account. I get 23% off my voice, data, and SMS for my family plan. 4 iPhone lines, 2 GB data on two, 2 Unlimited on two, 1400 minutes with A List, and unlimited text total with tax is $225/mont = $56/each monthly including tax. Hell of a deal especially since I have unlimited data.

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nice.
    It takes a few tries for me too to find someone that actually knows what they're doing there.

20. MrXiro thread starter macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Well this lady actually went and asked a supervisor. :) She was great.

21. kindaobsessed macrumors member

I feel like bragging - I work for a cable company (Comcast) who took over Houston from Time Warner. ATT still thinks I am still with Time Warner and I get 30% off of EVERYTHING! We have 5 iPhones unlimited text, unlimited any mobile to mobile ... 2100 minutes, Top Ten and pay $235.00 a month. WooHoo.

22. MrXiro thread starter macrumors 68040

MrXiro

My buddy who works for warner brothers gets that discount. We only get the 20% one at Sony. F'n lame.