Anyone have a similar situation???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by STiNG Operation, Sep 18, 2012.

1. STiNG Operation macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

Second time posting, trying to get some opinions....

First off I'm impatient....

I'm with AT&T. My contract is up on Oct. 11th and my family member's is up in Jan 2013. We are going to switch to Verizon on the 11th and pay her ETF.

The question I need help with----Would it really be that expensive to let our AT&T plan sit with non use till the 11th and switch to Verizon on the 1st of Oct.

Our costs that I've figured if we wait till the 11th would be the start up fee for VZW, which is 35$ per person and obviously our phones, mine will be $400 and she will most likely get the 4 for $0.

Also will going to VZW affect our att plan or void it with fee's even if we get new #'s? Thanks for any help!!

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Umm, what? Unless I'm misunderstanding what you are talking about, when you move to Verizon on 10/11, you will have one contract left with about 3 months on it. Are you asking if it would be cheaper to pay the EFT or continue to pay your monthly charge on her contract until January?

How the heck would we know? Have you asked AT&T what the EFT would be? If not, ask them.

The issue here is the phone numbers, is it not? If you move both phone numbers to Verizon, does that automatically end her contract with AT&T? I have no idea. Again, you would need to ask them.

I would think that with only 3 months left on a contact, the EFT wouldn't be too terrible.

Edit: Ok, after another look, it looks like you are wondering if leaving on 10/1 instead of 10/11 is going to be more expensive. Seriously, dude. Call AT&T and ask them all these questions. Then you will have actual answers.

3. STiNG Operation thread starter macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

Hey look I appreciate your comment. ..I know the etf will be around $120 to get off att on the 11th. Yeah the main question-will it be worth paying for 2 bills essentially for those 10 days. You're right I should go ask att, I prob will tomorrow. Have a good one.

4. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

You are truly the only one who can decide for yourself if it is worth it - AFTER you ask AT&T what your actual cost will be. Post back when you do find out. Now I'm curious to see what they would charge you.