Anyone have a suggestion? Still not activated day 3

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spikeyd, Sep 23, 2012.

1. spikeyd macrumors newbie

I received my iPhone on Friday and of course the first thing I wanted to do was to activate it. But, that was not to be. So, I called my carrier and sat on the phone for almost 45 mins. The carrier's response was to call Apple so, another 1/2 hour later I spoke to a really nice rep who ended up contacting the next in the chain to help me. After about 1/2 more that person realized that he also couldn't figure out what was wrong and decided to submit a ticket to his engineers.

Well here we are on Sunday and I still don't yet have an activated phone. I'm waiting for a call back from my carrier and just to cover the bases set up a Genius appt for tonight as a last ditch effort to fix the darn issue. My thought is if they return the phone and then sell it to me again I can finally activate the darn thing.

2. vistadude macrumors 65816

I bet if you goto an at&t store, they can activate it for you. I bought an iphone from radioshack and they couldn't activate it by plugging into itunes, they told me to goto the at&t store to activate it, and the at&t store took care of it immediately. It turned out a restart was needed during the activation, which makes no logical sense, but it worked.

3. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

if there is a problem with activation first thing to do would be go into the carrier, they are the ones that handle the activations. if they still can't, might need a replacement sim, or replacement phone, first you can get from carrier store, later would have to be from an apple store.

4. spikeyd thread starter macrumors newbie

I just got off the phone with the carrier and I'm now connected. Longest 3 days ever.