Anyone have a wood or bamboo case on their iPhone 5 yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by hkfan24, Oct 2, 2012.

1. hkfan24 macrumors regular

Does Anyone have a wood or bamboo case on their iPhone 5 yet? I have Been debating on the Grove one but was wondering if anyone else has something like this on their i5. Preferably something with a thinner profile. Judging by the Grove photos, their bamboo case adds quite a bit of thickness. Anyone with a wood case yet?

2. mysterydate macrumors 6502

mysterydate

I think someone might be coming out with a thinner one soon. Maybe the thinnest.

3. hkfan24 thread starter macrumors regular

Ooooooh! I got the hidden meaning behind that. What is the Twig ETA on this? =)

4. mysterydate macrumors 6502

mysterydate

lol - mid-october we're hoping. Got a few other secret projects in the pipe as well. shhhhh

5. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

6. LiquidDexter macrumors newbie

I am so tempted to jump ship from grove. Their prices are ridiculous, the cases add so much bulk, and to top it all off they break so easily. But I really enjoy the design over other people, especially this new one.

7. Razorhog macrumors 65816

Razorhog

I'm interested in these cases as well. I'd like to know the thickness so I can tell if it will work with my belt holster.

I'm also confused about the material used. Are all of the cases made of paper? Or are some of them bamboo?

8. mysterydate macrumors 6502

mysterydate

All the cases are made of our FSC certified layered paper material, called Richlite. Our bamboo case has an FSC certified bamboo veneer fused to the case under pressure at the Richlite factory. This is different than glue - it's a part of the paper, and part of the case. And exclusive to Twig Case Co.

If you look at our Bamboo cases, you'll see the grain of the bamboo when we laser through it. That's because there's no glue. It's one solid piece, which means...

...durability-wise, I'd put us up against some plastic cases, and I think we've redefined what durability means for a case made of natural materials. Have you seen our neat vid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR9-xMpWaOU