anyone have an AOU screen in their 11" or 13" air?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by 2bcool2, Sep 30, 2012.

1. 2bcool2 macrumors regular

hi
    i found out my screen is made by aou
    who the hell are they ?

i really wanted a samsung screen .. but i didnt even get a LG ! lol

when i turned on my 11" air the screen immediately looked tinted yellow

i tried other calibrations and the screen doesnt look great with any of them ..

im gonna contact apple .. but just wondering is this rare to get a aou screen ? if you have one are you happy with it ?

thanks in advance for your views :)

2. Wokis macrumors regular

Work buddy of mine got a MBA with a samsung display that does tint yellow as well. Mine (LG) does too I think if I enable the default profile..

Good thing we can calibrate the display :> In my opinion, apple should offer screen calibration for free in their stores and authorized sellers. Maybe they do if one asks for it?

3. Ibamac macrumors member

I have an AUO screen in a new MBA 11 that I picked up last week, and I think I'm going to exchange it for another one. I bought it to replace an 11" refurbished model I had bought when I realized a new one was only $45 more with the educational discount. The refurbished model was a LG screen and it was bright and fine. The AUO screen seems dim to me. The white background isn't very white and I spend most of my time reading online so it's hard for me to see the screen unless I turn the brightness all the way up, which makes battery life go all the way down. I don't know if it's "yellow," as most here seem to say, but it's not white and it's not as bright as the one I replaced. Maybe I should have kept the refurbished one, but it appears that someone else had returned it due to trouble with the screen as there were several other display profiles on it and an error message after clicking verify. I enjoyed using the refurbished MBA. This one is a disappointment.

4. CatsTide macrumors 6502

5. Ibamac macrumors member

6. Jobsian macrumors 6502a

Jobsian

I have an AUO and it's fine.

I took it to the mac store soon after I saw the LG/Sam thread and was gearing for a replacement. I set my MBA next to both samsung then LG, I saw absolutely no difference.

After looking back and forth, in full view of utterly bemused employees (I then told them), I tried to convince myself there was something there...but no.

Apparently some benchmark programs can detect the differences. That should tell you all. Totally not worth replacing imo.