Anyone have an idea how long before the new version filters through to UK retailers?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ish, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Ish macrumors 68010

Ish

The iPod Touch I ordered on Friday came in to the shop today. It had been out of stock at the warehouse so I was hoping it might be the new version but wasn't. I left it with the shop because they are about the only retailers around here that aren't offering £13 off the old stock.

The problem is, I have a whole load of vouchers to spend at that shop which brings the price down a lot but I don't know how long I'll have to wait before the new ones come in. I could use one now but can wait a while and if I go back and get that one I'll feel done!

Anyone have an idea how long I might have to wait please?

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Ive heard a few outlets are reducing the cost of the machine by $20, but nothing heard in the uk !

I think you may be waiting for a few months before the machine is released out of the box with the january app's on.

My humble advice is to purchase your ipod touch and either ;

Take the plunge and upgrade and buy the app's

or jailbreak and add on whatever you want.

3. Ish thread starter macrumors 68010

Ish

Thanks BoB. I hadn't realised it would be that long. I think the Apple Stores might have them but haven't even seen them advertised here online yet. Maybe I'll take your advice and go back and get it if it's still there.

Just in case anyone's interested, Curry's, Computer World and John Lewis have all reduced them to £256 from £269.