Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

circa7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
Im looking for a 64gb space gray 6+ for ATT, and there are a couple 150 miles away, but I cant make that drive. There are a bunch of 16gb models at local Targets, but I want a 64 (would buy a 128 if I found one).

So, has anyone had luck just going into a Target, Best Buy, or Apple store and leaving with a device that didnt show on services like idevicechecker?

mademan118

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2007
I have used this websites to locate iPhones and iPads in the past, but this year I was able to nail 2 gold 64GB 6+ at apple when all websites said non were available. I checked apple at 3:52am HST and seen they were available.

circa7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
I have used this websites to locate iPhones and iPads in the past, but this year I was able to nail 2 gold 64GB 6+ at apple when all websites said non were available. I checked apple at 3:52am HST and seen they were available.

So idevicechecker said they werent available but on apple.com they were available for pickup?

mademan118

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2007
To be honest I don't even think device tracker was up. It was some other website. I guess the pint of my post was that you shouldn't just rely on one website when apples website does a great job updating. I have gotten most iPhones from apple by reserving them online and picking up in store.

benfica88

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2008
All these tracker websites will never be as updated as the original source. Who knows how often they scan/track.
Just this morning I saw some pluses come and go in a span of half hour and no website sent me an alert or showed stock.

circa7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
All these tracker websites will never be as updated as the original source. Who knows how often they scan/track.
Just this morning I saw some pluses come and go in a span of half hour and no website sent me an alert or showed stock.

You saw them in person or on apple.com?

mhaniff

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2012
NYC
I got lucky today. I was using idevicechecker to locate a 6+ 64GB silver/white for the past few days then I stumbled upon another site called seaturtle.org. Around 1pm EST today an apple store on the upper east side had availability, I placed my order immediately and within an hour I received the order confirmation to pick up.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.