Anyone have any luck with the Bank Of America app?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ozziegn, Apr 11, 2009.

1. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

I installed the BOA app and I try to log in to my account and the stupid app goes to some sort of page that gives me some sort of web security error. and then it does nothing after that.

So I tried my friend's iPhone and his does the same thing. obviously there isnt anything wrong with my iPhone.

can anyone tell me what (if anything) am I doing wrong?

2. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

www.bankofamerica.com on your iPhone and the app is like 99.9% the same. I just tried logging in btw and it worked fine.

3. ozziegn thread starter macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

I just tried that and I keep getting the same BS error message. I even get the same thing on other iPhones so it can't be a problem with mine alone.

[​IMG]

4. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Where are your accounts located? Like what state or what not? I just logged it and its perfect. They are probably doing maintenance or something like that in your city or state. Call customer service and they will probably tell you why.

5. ozziegn thread starter macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

I'm in the Orlando, FL area and I've been trying to get this working since Monday. I already called BOA customer/tech support and they could'nt figure it out. they suggested to call Apple tech support for help.

That I didn't bother with because I knew they would tell me something like it has to be a problem with BOA's app.

this stinks! I made the switch to BOA just for this very reason and now the damn app doesn't even work.

6. Lara F macrumors 6502a

I have that exact same error with my account in NY, replicated on both an iPhone and iPod Touch. Like you, BoA customer service couldn't figure it out and claimed mobile banking was properly set from their end...very annoying. :mad: I've only kept the app for the easy atm/branch locator.

I assume you can log onto the full site on Mobile Safari (ie it's only the mobile site that gives this error)?

7. ozziegn thread starter macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

yeah, I can log in to my account from Safari just fine.

8. USAGas macrumors newbie

Works Fine For Me

Hi I have no problems,Business as normal, I can log in anytime no problem.
    Hope you can work it out
    Jeff

9. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

I'm in Jacksonville and the BoA app works fine.

10. Ryhian macrumors member

No problem here logging in. Im in Orlando as well. Id try uninstalling and reinstalling if you havent. If that still doesnt work just make a put a shortcut to the safari url on your springboard.

11. ozziegn thread starter macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

I tried that too and still nothing.

12. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

I live in Orlando too and no problems yesterday or today.

13. cc2096 macrumors regular

cc2096

Mines works fine too, just tried. Have to ask is your iPhone jailbroken? Curious since your notification area looks drastically different than most. If it is it might have something to do with why you can't BOA to work.

14. Lara F macrumors 6502a

Can't speak for the OP, but I'm not jailbroken.

15. Ryhian macrumors member

Judging by his icons at the top id say its JB. Mine is JB as well just for any references and its working.

16. skillz1318 macrumors regular

Fix:

Call bank of america tell them to resend you agreement for website or something...i couldnt log in they reset something...went to website on pc logged in, it asked me to accept terms of agreement i logged in fine on pc.

Went to bank of america app and all was well!

Customer service had to talk to IT tech to figure it out but solved on first call to them in like 5 minutes...they said it was because i changed screen name or something i had to reaccept terms of agreement

17. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

why not just use the mobile bank of america site on safari and bookmark?