Anyone have any problems with leaving an ipad (or ebook/pad) in hot car?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ehoez, Aug 22, 2011.

1. ehoez macrumors member

[​IMG]

Anyone have any problems with leaving an ipad (or ebook/pad) in hot car?

Ive herd a LCD crack storyfrom car heat before.. will the same happen to an ipad lcd screen too in a very hot summertime car?

2. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

Effects may not be as dramatic as your pic but it`s not advisable.
    Leaving expensive electronics in a car is a bad idea in any case.

3. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

I've never left my iPad in a hot car, but I've left my iPhone in a hot car numerous times without any problems.

4. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Main issue with leaving an iPad or phone in a hot car is also leaving it exposed to the sun through the window. Temps easily reach 140 To 160 degrees and then you get a nice temp warning on the phone and it promptly shuts itself down.

For glass to break like the pic above I think it is safe to say it went from a cold environment to a very hot environment pretty quickly. Or it cycled from cold to hot over several days/weeks.

5. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

Don't know about the iPad, but I have a 6"x5" LCD screen built into my car's dash. It does GPS navigation, bluetooth interface, programs climate control, radio, lots of electronics in it. It has functioned flawlessly for 8 years and it gets over 100 f here in the summer.

6. Batavian macrumors 6502

Batavian

7. PorterRocks macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

I've left my iPad in my car a few times (inside an incase sleeve) and when I went to use it, I got this screen:
    [​IMG]

You just need to let it cool down before you can use it.

8. poloponies macrumors 68030

If and when I do, it's usually slid under either of the front seats so it's protected from direct sunlight and nosy passers-by (and in the coolest place in a very hot car).

9. r-sky macrumors member

I've always heard that high temperatures were bad for any rechargeable batteries. Excessive heat impacts the ability for them to hold charges. That's why I try not to leave any rechargeable items in my car on hot (or even warm) days.

10. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

No way in hell would I leave my precious, expensive electronics in my car. Not only due to fears of heat, but fears of coming back and finding my window smashed and my iPad gone (even if I stashed it under the seat).