Anyone have both the 11” and 12.9” Pro?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BaddAdvice, Jan 15, 2019.

1. ssledoux macrumors 65816

ssledoux

I can’t wait! I have just recently gotten into doing a lot of digital planning/journaling, etc., and have been using my pencil a lot more. I’ve read some great reviews about the new one, and I’m super pumped about getting, and using, it.

2. Macalway macrumors 68030

As far as indecision, it might be best to buy one and just use it until the next upgrade. The grass is always greener, etc.
    You have one, you miss the other.

3. seajewel macrumors 6502

That’s where I landed. I sometimes miss the 12.9” for sure. But it’s not a forever decision.. I can always sell and buy another size down the line.

4. jjd macrumors regular

I bought the 11”. Retuned it for the 12.9” with cellular and 256gb. I love this device. Best Apple product in years imho. Since AirPods at least. It has replaced my laptop. I use it with a Magic Keyboard. So good for work, Word, pdfs, editing movies, photos, watching movies. Never gets even warm rendering 4K video where my MBP sounded like an F-22. But...

It still a bit big for couch, bed, lounging consumption. For that the 11” was perfect. So, I know it’s insane but I’m going to get the 11” as well. I get so much use all day out of these things. I plan to travel with both. Will browse, surf, read on the 11” on a flight but switch to the bigger one for work and movies or photo or video editing.

For years I travelled with an MBP and an iPad. So I’m telling myself this is the same thing...

5. ascender macrumors 68020

That’s exactly what I thought, so my MacBook is now up for sale and I’ll have two iPads instead.

Maybe 5-10 years down the line this is where foldable tech will come in to its own and we’ll have a single iPad which can fulfill both roles.