Anyone have experience with a live Pay Per View stream and Air Play Mirroring to ATV?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by torndownunit, Mar 12, 2013.

1. torndownunit, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2013

torndownunit macrumors regular

I am just wondering if anyone has bought a Pay Per View event and used Air Play Mirroring to watch it on TV through an Apple TV (I have a AVT2). I was planning on having a get together for the UFC this weekend, but I am wondering if I should move on of the computers to the TV room and plug it directly into the TV or reply on the ATV. I am worried about stream quality etc.

2. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Not pay per view, but I've airplay mirrored internet streaming video from my MBA and MBP to my AppleTV's with little issue. Airplay Mirroring adds a minor amount of artifacting, but overall the experience has been fine. Obviously the image of the stream is more important to a good experience (i.e. low bandwidth video is awful).

3. Che Castro macrumors 603

If is a party that your having. I would go with connecting the PC to the tv

More reliable

But if is just you watching a movie or something go with airplay

4. torndownunit thread starter macrumors regular

Hey guys, I just thought I'd give you an update. For some reason my netbook wasn't running well yesterday, so decided to go the Airplay route for the PPV. It worked great. I do have both my computer, and ATV2 hardwired to the router though now, which I think made a big difference over my last attempt at Airplaying a live event. The stream was fantastic quality though, and everything worked well.