Anyone have experience with Macbook air (late 2013, new 2014) and Crusader Kings II

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Fauerholdt, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Fauerholdt macrumors newbie

Hi everybody

I have a Macbook pro which I bought in 2008, but I thinking of letting the old gal retire, and instead get myself one of the new sexy ultrabooks I've been hearing so much about (younger, slimer, faster, and with a batterylife that never gives you a "not tonight honey I am tired")..

I am really pleased with OS X and the look and feel of the Macbook Air (13"), however - I have two games which I really love to play, and that my new ultrabook will have to be able to play well!

Paradox' EUIV and Crusader Kings II.

My current Macbook Pro can play the two games at tolerable level, but My new ultrabook will have to do better..

The min req says you need a nvidia card, but I have heard some people say this is not neccesary..

If you really need a nvidia the Macbook Air will ne a no-go, but if the Intel Hd card on the Macbook Air is sufficient to get a decent gaming experience with the two games I play, I can combine my gaming need with my fondness for OS X.

I am quite at a loss because I would prefer getting a Macbook Air, but would find myself dissappinted if I could not play the only two games I really enjoy playing on it, so I would like to hear if any of you guys are playing either game on one of the newer Macbook Airs (not bootcamped but directly from OS X), and how you would rate the gaming experience?

Thanks alot in advance!

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

The i5 or i7 CPU in the late 2013/early 2014 MBA is going to be quite a bit faster than the Core2Duo processor in your old MBP. The GPU should be faster as well, but I can't say for sure.