Anyone have ideas where to list an apartment for sublease?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by KTK1990, Jun 30, 2013.

1. KTK1990 macrumors 6502

I renewed my 1 year lease on a On school apartment back in February, and recently I've decided to move closer to work as it would save some cash. But the one problem is before I can move into the new place my girlfriend and I both have to get someone to sublease our apartments (Our management company is cool with it, just have to pay $100 and get someone to fill our lease that they approve of).

I've tried posting on Craigslist, but it isn't very high traveled and very little posts a month. When I've tried googling places to list it, I get to the end and they want a fee, ranging from $50-750.

Does anyone have any idea on what I should do next? I was planning sometime this week posting flyers up on campus and on the apartment message board (They allow us to).

2. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

What is an "On school" apartment? Is this something that is very close to a University? Are you recently graduated?

If you are close to a Uni, and have some recent connections to one of the departments (say, the department of your major), you might consider asking someone to email your posting to that community.

There are probably other University resources you could engage too, including posting flyers, etc. In my experience there are always students looking for a place to live.

Although, from your claim that Craigslist has very low traffic, I might make a wild inference that you're living in a relatively low population area that hosts a relatively small school? Your options might be limited...

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

This sounds like a good plan to me.

4. KTK1990 thread starter macrumors 6502

It is just like the dorms, but managed by an apartment company instead of the school and located on the edge of campus, but still on it.

I am starting my 2nd year this August and I could contact a teacher or two, but not sure if they will have any leads. I did not sign the lease on the new place and won't until I have this one confirmed to sublease.

I debated on tweeting to the school and posting on the school's facebook and apartment's facebook.

Yep, the school is pretty small, about 15k students and a lot commute to school. If I cant sublease my apartment and my girlfriend's place then cant move in to the new place.

5. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

it sure seems like school related resources are your best bet.......I have my doubts that there a lot of non-students wanting to move to student housing in any event.