Anyone have issues with syncing music to their iPhone in Catalina?

Discussion in 'macOS Catalina (10.15)' started by coolaaron88, Jun 8, 2019.

1. coolaaron88 macrumors regular

coolaaron88

[​IMG]

Having issues with all of the album at for each of the artists in my library becoming all the same from one song from that artist. Attached is an example.

2. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

If you have a backup of your older version iTunes library files, you can revert to Mojave or whatever system you are using before upgrade and keep using iTunes.
    If you don’t have one of those though, you are probably out of luck.
    Catalina beta 1 sync function is basically broken. It destroyed my entire music library on iPhone and iPad, deleting lots of artworks and songs randomly.

3. Ansath macrumors member

Ansath

It could be the same issue I had with TV & Films, existing artwork all appeared missing, but removing and re-adding them worked. Music has otherwise worked fine for me. If you do file info on those songs, if the original artwork is still there, then it will be fine on a later beta update.

4. coolbreeze2, Jun 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019

coolbreeze2 macrumors 6502a

coolbreeze2

"Wooooooo, WHEE!! I got it, I got it, and I got to report it!" (as said by Ted Lange as Junoir on That's My Mamma) YOU HAVE 5G!!

Which iPhone do you have? Who is your carrier and what area of the country are you in?

5. coolaaron88 thread starter macrumors regular

coolaaron88

I figured it might an issue with it being Beta 1, I'll see if it corrects itself in Beta 2