Anyone have or plan on putting AG Film on your rMBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by klex, Jul 12, 2012.

1. klex macrumors regular

Hi,

Is anyone using or plan on using an anti glare screen cover on their rMBP? If so, what are your experiences and what brand are you using?

Oh, and not to be rude, but please refrain from telling me how the glare has been reduced and how a film will reduce the quality of the screen etc. I know, the glare has been reduced, however, it just isn't enough for me. And I do not care about the reduction of screen quality.

Thanks.

2. AlexBass macrumors regular

Only thing I can say is it makes it very, very dark and difficult to see. I haven't experienced it first hand but I've seen a friends.

3. Dwhite78 macrumors regular

Not to be rude, but I'm going to question why you got a retina MacBook pro instead of a high res glossy cMBP if you don't care about screen quality?

4. klex thread starter macrumors regular

Interesting. I hadn't thought about the dimness of the screen. Do you know brand he was using?

----------

Not rude at all. I like the rMBP over the cMBP because of its weight, speakers, value for the money (I don't do my own upgrades), and ports.

5. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

I bet the screen would still be better quality anyway

6. 01mggt macrumors 6502

Keep in mind that the brightness being reduced by around 20% may become more of an issue once you put the film over it.

7. klex thread starter macrumors regular

Could be. I was hoping someone on the forum could weigh in with their actual experience.

----------

Yes, good point. But having compared it to my Santa Rosa MBP, I do not really see the reduction in brightness under normal user conditions. Perhaps it is related to the richer color rendering by the retina display.

8. Dwhite78 macrumors regular

You know, I keep forgetting they didn't also change the form factor on the cMBP. Carry on!

9. klex thread starter macrumors regular

No worries. If only they had updated the cMBP the same way sans retina screen, I wouldn't be in this bind now.