Anyone have or tried Booq Viper sleeve for mba/rMBP ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by artsarn, Mar 16, 2013.

1. artsarn macrumors newbie

After looking through the whole forum about cases and sleeve for rmbp,
    I can't find anyone who could give a review on these viper sleeve. (only saw 1 vid on youtube but thats for mba)

So hopefully, someone would have one by now and could perhaps let me know how its working out for you. My main concern is the magnet not being strong enough to hold rMBP and if I hold it up-side-down, my rmbp would fall off.

Thank you so much in advance,

This is the Booq Viper sleeve
    http://www.booqbags.com/us/sleeves/viper-sleeve

I'm looking to get the gray viper sleeve for my 15" rmbp.

2. lankox macrumors regular

I bought one for my 13" Retina and sent it back. It gets high marks for being different and unusual. The magnets are fairly weak. It takes very little force to open the top of the case. With that said, I do not believe a laptop would fall out by simply turning the case upside down. I could get the case to open if I shook the case rather vigorously. I had two problems with the case:

1) Though very light, the case is quite a bit bigger than the laptop in height and width.

2) The case is uncomfortable to carry around. The exterior is rough and the bottom of the case converges to a thin strip. The lack of surface area means a lot of pressure from the weight of the laptop on your palm.