Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vegan TJ

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
i know they are on installer ..BUT installer sucks and will not let me do anything

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
i know they are on installer ..BUT installer sucks and will not let me do anything

Its easy to just SSH into the iphone and add them yourself. Download the emulator you want from Cydia then go to private/var/mobile/Media/ROMs. The roms folder might not be there so if not create it and spell it ROMs. Then inside that make folders for the different emulators. Name them with all caps like SNES or NES. Then just drop the roms in each folder.

ViViDboarder

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2008
USA
Its easy to just SSH into the iphone and add them yourself. Download the emulator you want from Cydia then go to private/var/mobile/Media/ROMs. The roms folder might not be there so if not create it and spell it ROMs. Then inside that make folders for the different emulators. Name them with all caps like SNES or NES. Then just drop the roms in each folder.

You covered the ROMs first, but that's it. OP, you can get the Emulators in Cydia very easily. I don't even bother with installer.

Then follow LSUtigers03's directions.

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
You covered the ROMs first, but that's it. OP, you can get the Emulators in Cydia very easily. I don't even bother with installer.

Then follow LSUtigers03's directions.

If you look at the quote I told him to go to Cydia to get the emulators first.

Vegan TJ

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 3, 2008
I know how get roms I just can't find the emulators in cydia

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.