Anyone have the stock iPhone Glass tone but only 1X

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anti_, Aug 4, 2012.

1. anti_ macrumors member

anti_

I had it once and was pretty sure I got it off MR but I can't seem to find it using the search bar. Anyway, I've always been a fan of the Glass SMS tone but it naturally being doubled was/is/will always be unnecessary. Does anyone have that tone but halved?

2. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

The standard tone seems easy to fine. Why not download it and clip it yourself? Would take but a few seconds and there is free software to do it on pretty much any OS.

3. anti_ thread starter macrumors member

anti_

Fair enough. How do I extract the default tones and do you have any software recommendations, hopefully free.

4. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I just searched for the tone in Google. The default tone is easily downloadable, so you won't have to do any fancy extraction process. From there, if you are on a Mac, garage band is easiest (and "free"). In windows I have used "iPhone ringtone maker" or some such name. Also free. I think I downloaded it from CNet but it's been a while and I am currently at a workplace terminal so can;t check.

5. anti_ thread starter macrumors member

anti_

I updated to 10.8 on my MBP and it seems I no longer have GarageBand. I wonder if Apple will make me pay for it or if I simply just have to download it.

Anyway, thanks.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

You have to DL from the appstore. Should be free upgrade.