Anyone have their Home button worked on at an Apple store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Roy G Biv, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Roy G Biv macrumors 6502

Roy G Biv

My home button is being inconsistently responsive to my great perturbment. It's only 8 months old. I want to know if I can get it fixed under warranty or if I should expect to pay for the hassle and what kind of dollar figure if so.

FYI, I have tried a few fixes I found online, and they helped little.

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

If the button is defective, then return for a replacement device. It's not a component that can be worked on, if it's broken you should have no trouble getting your phone swapped out.

3. birdhouse1575 macrumors newbie

If you actually bought it 8 months ago, it's still under warranty.
    They'll do it for free, so to speak.

4. Roy G Biv thread starter macrumors 6502

Roy G Biv

A full exchange seems drastic for a Home button working just %20-%50 of the time. Won't they give me some guff before granting an exchange?

It's an iPod Touch 4G if it matters (iPhone forum is better).

5. powaking macrumors 6502

powaking

Actually this exact issue happened to my wifes iPhone 4. It would sometimes not be responsive so much so that she had to plug it into the computer to get it to work. We made a genius appointment and sure enough the home button was not working when we showed it to him. He took it back and came back out and said they would replace it, no questions asked.

6. Moccasin macrumors 6502a

Moccasin

I've now had my iPhone 4 changed twice for this very reason. No problems at all.

7. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

I believe you will get a replacement iPhone (from Apple) because you are under warranty. If Apple tells you that you need to purchase a new iPhone, don't. I had my home button replaced for $50 (parts and labor) from a third party repair shop near my hometown.