Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac Wolf

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2014
What a coincidence haha. I came on here to write something about that.

Just now you could have fried an egg on my plus. I was streaming music from the beats music app.

Earlier I played some game that was optimized for IOS 8 and there was no heat.

When I loaded my phone with 8 gigs of content in a 2 hour period the first day I got the phone, no heat.

But Beats really did a number on it. I couldn't even hold the phone.

Avi30na

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
My 6 Gets hot too but only when im whatching a 1080p movie or playing a heavy game (basically any task that puts near 100% load on the chip for a while).
guess non we can do about it except hoping for a fix in iOS 8.1

henryseiden

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2009
I just had it PLUGGED IN, on charge, on a holder with maps & music and got a temperature alarm. It just shut down and did it twice! Will call Apple#

snowman1

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2010
I overheated my phone yesterday (got the temperature warning) while doing a time-lapse of the sunset (so the overheating was to be expected). Phone should be fine though as long as you don't overheat it too often.

Under normal use, my 6 never gets warm at all (though I'm not a very heavy user--no games..only email, social networking, etc.)

movieator

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2009
LA, CA
It may get warm when I'm using it heavily, but most of the time, the aluminum is a bit cool.

vi2867

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2006
Eastvale, CA
iOS 8 now has an option to tell you want app is using most of your battery. If you check that, maybe that could be what is causing your iPhone to heat up. Also, a bad LTE connection can cause your phone to heat up as well.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
My 6+ gets a lot more warm since installing 8.3
I never get an overheating warning or any shutdowns, but is noticeably warmer on the right hand side.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.