Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noekozz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
212/201
For some reason iCloud for me is down. Find my iPhone app isn't working and when on a desktop, I can't connect to the iCloud server using my login.

Is it me or are others experiencing the same problem? I haven't updated my phone to the latest version of iOS because of the size, but I did update my iTunes. Could that be the case?

I'm in the North East if that matters.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
For some reason iCloud for me is down. Find my iPhone app isn't working and when on a desktop, I can't connect to the iCloud server using my login.

Is it me or are others experiencing the same problem? I haven't updated my phone to the latest version of iOS because of the size, but I did update my iTunes. Could that be the case?

I'm in the North East if that matters.

They must be having problems. i can't log in on my mac either.

markyr17

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2010

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-29 at 7.28.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-29 at 7.28.29 PM.png
    296.4 KB · Views: 99

samiznaetekto

macrumors 65816
Dec 26, 2009
YES

Ironically (or tragically) it happened *while* I was trying to get rid of this POS "iCloud" from my iPhone and iPad. Lost all Notes...

What a f* joke this iCloud is!!!

Will get rid of this POS as soon as it's back. Will put all my notes, contacts, etc. in plain text files and keep them in sync with Dropbox.

Today, I finally lost all my faith in Apple. F* :apple:!!!

syclick

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2009
Apple's had more than its fair share of server issues in the past few weeks:
  • Apple announcement livestream
  • iPhone preorders
  • Launch day order processing
  • iCloud issues today

markyr17

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2010
Apple's had more than its fair share of server issues in the past few weeks:
  • Apple announcement livestream
  • iPhone preorders
  • Launch day order processing
  • iCloud issues today

Yes... I really hope somebody is taking this seriously. It really doesn't seem like it. I'm an Apple fanboy through and through, but what the F _ _ K ?

samiznaetekto

macrumors 65816
Dec 26, 2009
I'm an Apple fanboy through and through, but what the F _ _ K ?

I was, too. Until today. Enough is enough. Going to delete this iCrap ASAP when it's back. Dragged Notes, Reminders, Calendar, Contacts on top of each other, it created a folder named "Productivity"..... well, I renamed it to iCrap and never going to open it again. :D

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
YES

Ironically (or tragically) it happened *while* I was trying to get rid of this POS "iCloud" from my iPhone and iPad. Lost all Notes...

What a f* joke this iCloud is!!!

Will get rid of this POS as soon as it's back. Will put all my notes, contacts, etc. in plain text files and keep them in sync with Dropbox.

Today, I finally lost all my faith in Apple. F* :apple:!!!

Not an overreaction at all... :rolleyes:

tentales

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2010
Not an overreaction at all... :rolleyes:

Not at all! I've been a loyal Mac user since 1985 and tolerated the .Mac -> MobileMe -> iCloud migration mess.

I've also worked for companies that guarantee and achieve "high availability" with 5 nines. Read https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_availability

Apple is now down to four nines or less this year.
Not acceptable for business services.

Good thing for dropbox, google drive, wuala and other backups I have.
iCloud so far has been the worst performer this year.

So roll your eyes all you want, some of us need more reliable access in mission critical situations.

noekozz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
212/201
Others are having this problem as well. Hopefully this is up and running soon as it's not a minor issue in some sense. Apple is Ina roll lately, and not in a good way.

I did manage to get my inbox spammed with iCloud login attempts though.

Bad time to lose your device right now that's for sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.