Anyone having trouble streaming Air Video to your iPad via 3G?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by scubasteve03, Jun 15, 2010.

1. scubasteve03 macrumors regular

Is anyone having troubles watching your videos over 3G? It worked fine for around 6 months, but after the last update or 2 the remote sharing is not working at all. I did not change the settings at all, I can still watch videos over my local wifi network though.
    I have a time capsule as my router. I have tried messing around with the port forwarding. But nothing seems to help. I'm on 10.6 with the latest Mac mini. Under the test port forwarding button, it says failed every time I do it now. Ideas are very appreciated!
    I'm at my wits end, the biggest reason getting my iPad was for this function. Thanks everyone for any help.
    I'm not at home currently but I will post the exact error codes when I make it home.

2. scubasteve03 thread starter macrumors regular

3. Cinab1mt macrumors regular

6 months? The iPad hasn't been out that long, what exactly are you talking about? I have yet to use it over the 3G network. Sorry

4. flipangle macrumors regular

The only times when remote sharing didn't work was when my router had reset and the portforwarding was forward the wrong port. Once I reset my portforwarding, it worked again without any problems.

5. scubasteve03 thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, I should have been clearer. The first line said has anyone has troubles watching videos over 3G? The 6 months I was talking about was over iPhone 3G. I used to be able to stream just fine over 3G, but now its telling me my router cannot do it. I'm not sure how to mess with port forwarding and I guess thats what I need to do. Maybe I should have had this post in the app store forum. Thanks for the help though man.

How do I get a mod to move this to the App store forum?

One more thing, what did you do to reset your port forwarding? Was it in the airport utility or in system pref?

6. btrav13 macrumors 6502

If you do a Google search you will find tons of info on port forwarding. Luckily, mine just sorta started working. At first it said my router wasn't compatible, then a few minutes later it said it was and everything worked.

7. cy88 macrumors member

cy88

This means that your port is not forwarded properly.

I love AirVideo, it works very well with me and extremely useful!

8. Shinigami301 macrumors regular

Shinigami301

I have the same issue on occasion- try powering your router off for a few moments and then back on. I found this solves the issue for me.

Only time it's a real problem is when I am traveling and can't reset the router- THAT is an annoyance.