Anyone here KNOW they was NOT upgrade upgrade eligible,able to get $199 priceing?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ehoez, Jul 11, 2008.

1. ehoez macrumors member

Anyone KNOW they was NOT upgrade upgrade eligible , but was able to get $199 priceing? (is/was manager able to override the upgrade thing?)

ive had AT&T for several years, and if you gointo a store and say you LOST or had your phone stolen, and you was NOT upgrade eligible , SOMETIMES they would manage override it, and let you upgrade anywaz.

WAS anyone here able to pull this off with the iphone 3g?

re: http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/board/message?board.id=apple&thread.id=27052

2. jmckechnie macrumors member

jmckechnie

I was able to do this. My phone died (from 2000, so it's old as dirt) and my contract is expiring on August 8th. The store manager had to sign off on it and the att customer service manager had to sign off on it. Then it had to be faxed to ATT corporate office to be signed off on but I ordered my iPhone at the $199 price.

3. tacomahunter macrumors regular

tacomahunter

Yup not sure how it happened, but the mgr told me I was not eligible then the new 16 white rang up at 299. NICE

4. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

Same thing happened to me today. I had to do the direct fulfillment, but it rang up at 299 plus tax.

I hope it won't correct itself on my bill.

Anyone else had this happen today?