Anyone here still use the original iPhone or the iPhone 3G as a phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by moonman239, Sep 24, 2012.

?

Do you still use the original iPhone or iPhone 3G as a phone?

Poll closed Oct 24, 2012.
  1. I use my iPhone 1 as an iPod touch.

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  2. I use my iPhone 3G as an iPod touch.

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  3. I no longer have either.

24 vote(s)
    58.5%
  4. I still use my iPhone 1 as a phone.

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  5. I still use my iPhone 3G as a phone.

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  6. I had an original iPhone, then I upgraded to the 3G. I no longer have the original iPhone.

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I have seen several members say so.

2. Juicy111 macrumors member

Have a OG 8GB IPhone as a backup.

When I look at it now, it seems very thick lol

3. CyBeRino macrumors 6502a

I keep my 3G around as a backup and loaner phone.

4. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

Saw someone in my class rockin' an original iPhone today, super cool!

5. ThrobbingCane macrumors newbie

I just upgraded from my 3g, and couldn't be happier

6. SAMtheGAM macrumors regular

SAMtheGAM

I have been using my iPhone 3G with T-Mobile to test T-Mobile's network refarm in Los Angeles, CA

7. ahoover macrumors member

ahoover

Re-Farming in

Was in San Gabriel on E. Valley Road between Del Mar and San Gabriel last week and got "3G" on my T-Mobile iPhone 4S.

Can't wait for this to come to Pasadena 210/134 corridor.

8. JoshObra macrumors regular

My iPhone 3G (my first iPhone) is connected to my Scion xB 2011 as an iPod. Battery life goes down so fast for this phone, I think if I left my 3G in my car without using it for like a week (or less) it goes completely dead.

9. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

i would really like to see an original iphone for myself. didn't get onboard until the 4 so the original and the 3GS are alien to me. would like to see how they compare.

10. AnotherBrian macrumors regular

My 12 year old daughter uses my first iPhone the 2g, surprised the battery keeps going. We don't pay for Internet so she just gets Wifi, it's unlocked on AT&T. So far they haven't tried to charge me.

11. livlif macrumors member

12. tengorazon macrumors member

Even though I am by no means a luddite, I still used my 3G until a week ago, when I upgraded to the iPhone 5. What a world of difference! I am still impressed by how fast everything is compared to the 3G; it's life changing really. Even though my wife has a 4, I decided not to upgrade to that and held out for the 5. I was very disappointed when the 4S debuted last year and decided to wait yet another year for LTE. Very glad I did. My old 3G, still in great condition because I used a case the entire time I had it (except for its last week of use, when I rocked it naked), will now occupy a space on my shelf next to my old Razr, LG, and Samsung flip phones, and the Nokia that was my first cell phone.

13. ANMA dojo macrumors regular

I use an old iPhone 3G as a secondary roaming phone (foreign sim running on T-mobile or AT&T network) to receive text messages for free from abroad, while they only pay local rates

14. m0no macrumors regular

My wife uses the 3G. Well, at least for a couple more days until she opens up her new white 5 bday present :)

15. olsiris macrumors newbie

16. doasis23 macrumors regular

doasis23

I sold my 4 on craigslist a month ago to get the 5. I'm still on backorder. So I repossessed my 3g from my daughter(she uses it as a touch). The phone was unbearable to use. It took forever to do the simplest things. Now I'm using my wifes old 3gs with a cracked screen. Its hard to see some of the content but its far more usable than the 3g.

17. surjavarman macrumors 6502a

I wish I could resist the temptation of getting a new phone every year. I just can't motivate myself to use an old phone. I am materialistic and pretentious. I can't help it. But nowadays the iphone4 is really the bare minimum. I just can't use anything lower than that.

Any tips guys for me guys?

18. STiNG Operation macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

Anybody know when the OG iPhone software updates stopped? This would be really interesting.