Anyone here Upgrade from the Original iPhone to a 4S? Is so, what is your impression?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by braddick, Oct 25, 2011.

1. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

I know many here upgraded from a 3GS to the 4S and even many from the iPhone 4 to the 4S.
    I'm curious what the take is for those that bumped up all the way from the original iPhone to the latest 4S?

Your impressions and experience?

2. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

I didn't but I can imagine that the retina display must look nice to them.

3. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

I will need to ask my parents, though they upgraded from my original to my iPhone 4.

4. julianbdavis macrumors member

julianbdavis

I'm still using a 3G, it's almost the same as the original since they have the same hardware just different cases--and Apple chose to let the 3G have one higher version number of iOS. Haven't gotten my 4S yet, Apple's site still lists as processing, but I can imagine the difference is going to be night and day. I'm looking forward to the general speed increase more than any actual new feature. Not having to wait 1-3 seconds after pressing each letter on the virtual keyboard before the letter appears is going to make me happy.

5. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

You shouldn't have put iOS 4 on the iPhone 3G.

6. dnbull macrumors newbie

I returned my 4S today. I had an iPhone 4.

Nothing wrong with it. It just really not that different from the 4. I got bored with Siri and I really don't take pictures a lot to enjoy the new camera things.

7. julianbdavis macrumors member

julianbdavis

It definitely is faster (that is to say, it's usable) running iOS 3. Apple should have never pushed higher versions to the 3G models. I've downgraded before, but I missed having folders and unified inbox so I put iOS 4 back on it. I only have to put up with it for another 2-3 weeks.

8. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Apple shouldn't of let the 3G be upgraded to iOS4.