Anyone here use both the Griffin Clarifi & the Incase Slider? Trying to decide

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by aphexii, Nov 28, 2008.

1. aphexii macrumors 6502

I've been using a Foofpod for awhile now and while I still love the case, some recent 'almost' accidents have me wanting something a bit more protective but with minimal bulk.

I've felt the Incase Slider in person at a local target, very nice form factor, right along the lines of what i'm looking for (hard dockable case). Seems to get good reviews (other than iLounge who felt it was overpriced)

However, I quite frequently take pictures of product tags when out and about and came across the Griffin Clarifi, which seems to get good reviews as well. The two things i'm not fond of on the Clarifi is the glossy middle section (along with the glossy bezel in the middle as well), and i'm unsure how much bulk it adds compared to the Incase Slider (it seems to be thicker, but I can't tell). Also, the picture quality of the labels has never been so atrocious as to keep me from being able to read them, but the macro capability sure would be nice.

I also considered the Incipio Feather and the Seidio Innocase but ruled both of them out for different reasons. While the feather added minimal bulk, it didn't protect the front corners. Along the same lines, I didn't care for the cutout in the back of the seidio.

With the current sales, the prices for the Slider and Clarifi are comparable, $27.95 shipped for the Clarifi, $24.95 shipped for the Slider.

Has anyone used both cases? How did they compare?

2. aphexii thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

I can only speak for the incase slider and it is great. I have a black one and my wife has a white one. I would recommend it.

4. danieldelgado29 macrumors member

alots of people sear by the incase slider. I have had two sliders and they sucked they scratched my phone and the 2nd one was to tight on phone and ruined my screen screen. I would go with the Ivyskin T4.. It's the only case that cover the screen. From all the reviews on this site. Thats what I'm going with for my everycase....

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I have a slider on my iPhone 2G and it feel apart within one month. It started off by cracking near the headphone port and then the thin piece between feel off. I thought that was the worst of it until a good 1.5 in fell off the side of it.

I have to be fair though, I have yet to find out how good their customer service is (I bought it online) but I plan on returning it and seeing if they'll send me a new one.

My black case was beautiful though. I thought it made the iPhone look better which I didn't think was possible.

If I were to do it again (and had a 3G) I'd probably look into the Ivyskin T4 as Daniel ^ suggested. It looks nice and has a thin cover over the screen which allows you too multitouch through it.

6. Poat84 macrumors 6502

Poat84

Here is a great price for the iclear. I just bought one right now for $14.xx. I dont even have my phone yet hahaha

7. noupf macrumors member

I have the griffin clarifi and its a great case. However, I also bought a seidio case and belt clip that I use on my visor in my car. If not for the belt / visor clip, I would have stuck with the clarifi. If you want it, IM me and you can have it for nice discount. It was only used for one week.

8. FLAVOLS macrumors newbie

Sorry, no experience with the Griffin but I have to say that I couldn't be more pleased with the Incase Slider.

9. oxdtown macrumors member

got them both

i like the slider better although it does bubble up screen protectors

10. threezero macrumors 6502

i opt for the clarifi because i already have too many cases and I can justifield the purchase of another if it adds more feature to the phone which the clarifi does. IMO it looks great and I like the easy access to sim card. The macro lens works like its advertise and it also protects the lens on the iphone. most importantly it doesn't bubble or lift up the screen protector i had on (SGP crystal)

I Do have 1 grip though, seems like it isn't as solid as the incase slide (from looking at online reviews as I don't actually own one) If you squeeze the middle section of the case it will squeak. despite that this case has gotten to most use out of all my collection of cases and havn't left a single scatch on the iphone.

I'm gonna keep this case on for a few weeks as I ****ed up my thumb and its now impossible for me to pull the phone out of the case without using my thumb. This will be a good test to see if the case will scatch the phone or not

11. masi macrumors newbie

masi

clarifi all the way! It got better reviews and is actually useful. The incase slider is over priced for what you get. It was the original but incase has failed to update this product or make it new in anyway. I still don't even get a screen film when I order this $35 piece of plastic? Griffin brought their A game and made a much nicer case.