Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spicyj

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
I need to activate a data plan on a Micro-SIM card I picked up from AT&T, but I can't without an iPad 3G.

Can anyone let me use theirs for 5 minutes? (It'll be exactly the same when I'm done with it, promise.)

ItsThatKush

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2010
West Palm Beach, FL
ohhhh only if i lived closer i would. i'm totally cool with letting a complete stranger handle a ~$900 highly desired piece of equipment. seriously, totally cool with it. too bad i live in florida. ;)

thankins

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2007
I am up in Fort Collins, and was planning on coming to Boulder this weekend. Not sure if that is soon enough or not but could help if it can wait till then :)

frunkis54

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2009
maybe you could beg one of the apple store guys to use one of the demo's for that.

worth a shot.

spicyj

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Try the Trident on Pearl.

Uh, maybe I'm missing something obvious, but how would that help? (Did you know "trident boulder" appears before "trident gum" on Google Suggest?)

I am up in Fort Collins, and was planning on coming to Boulder this weekend. Not sure if that is soon enough or not but could help if it can wait till then :)

That would be great; I'll PM you if I can't find something sooner (looking to get the unlimited data plan and hopefully it'll still be around).

maybe you could beg one of the apple store guys to use one of the demo's for that.

I was actually at the Apple store today, and they didn't have any of the 3G models on display. :(

jfyrfytr25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2008
Uh correct me if I'm wrong (but I know I am not) you had to sign up for that by 11:59pm sun night secure that. You are totally out of luck, even if you find someone.

spicyj

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Uh correct me if I'm wrong (but I know I am not) you had to sign up for that by 11:59pm sun night secure that. You are totally out of luck, even if you find someone.

If you look around the forums, there are numerous reports that the unlimited plan is still available.

jfyrfytr25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2008
Whatever.... Good luck finding a perfect stranger that does not mind being inconvenienced for absolutely no gain on their part all so you can have you precious unlimited plan.

spicyj

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Whatever.... Good luck finding a perfect stranger that does not mind being inconvenienced for absolutely no gain on their part all so you can have you precious unlimited plan.

Well, I sure appreciate the concern, but it's always nice to think that maybe there are some people on the internet who are actually nice, even if you're not one of them yourself.

jfyrfytr25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2008
I'm plenty nice. It's just a different perspective. Maybe it has to do with generations. I would never think to ask someone for something as trivial as this, stranger or not. Some people think that whatever they need it is everyone elses responsibility to help them. Why not buy your own? And why not buy it last weekend so you were grandfathered? Why wait till the last minute and then come up with a backdoor fix, and make it someone elses problem cause you procrastinated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.