Anyone in Canada with an iPhone 5 on Telus getting LTE?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhone obsessed, Sep 22, 2012.

1. iPhone obsessed macrumors member

So I got the iPhone 5 yesterday and a new SIM card on Telus. I spent hours resetting the phone multiple times but I'm not getting LTE AT ALL. It looks like I have the latest carrier updates, reset the network settings, even did a restore, nothing but 3G. Coverage map shows complete coverage. Even talked to a friend who works at Best Buy and their Telus iPhones aren't on LTE either!?

Is anyone actually on LTE right now with an iPhone on Telus? Because I'm scratching my head right now on how I'm not able to get it and even more how would I go about fixing it since Telus will just blame the phone or coverage.

2. MikeNemat macrumors regular

My girlfriend is with Telus and I saw her phone had LTE when we were setting it up at the Apple Store in Ottawa.

3. Dossolini macrumors newbie

I asked TELUS and they said its a known issue and they're working on it. Mine switches from LTE and 3G as well

4. Mikex6956 macrumors newbie

I'm in montreal and i had big networks issue since i've got my iphone 5 . I had LTE about 5% of the time when i was driving my car near a big highway but not ANY 4G.
    And sometimes i lost all connection !
    Telus had hard times since friday ! i wait until i can reach someone on customer service because nobody respond !
    Becaus Telus and bell got the same antenna ! a lots of people had this issue about LTE.
    When i look on telus coverage LTE and 4G i'm in the zone ....

5. slicktor macrumors member

slicktor

I'm on Bell and I am experiencing a similar situation. My LTE would come and go intermittently in different places. But at home I would constantly be stuck on 3G... No LTE at all. I hope its not a phone problem.

6. iPhone obsessed thread starter macrumors member

I'm starting to think it's not a phone problem but I am going to get a sim adapter and try it on my ipad just to be sure.

Oh and thanks everyone for the responses.

7. Dossolini macrumors newbie

Yeah I'm thinking its Bell/Telus' network issue. When I'm downtown Toronto I'm on LTE but when I'm in Mississauga I'm on 3G for 95%+ of the time!