Anyone in the "2 to 3 weeks" get a shipping confirmaiton?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by CAWjr, Mar 18, 2011.

1. CAWjr macrumors 6502

CAWjr

I know that the "3-5 days" crowd still hasn't been fully fulfilled, but I was curious if anyone who had a ship date in the 2 to 3 week range has gotten their shipping notification yet.

2. distemp macrumors regular

My iPad isn't going to be shipped until 4/1 (if I'm lucky and Apple doesn't screw this mess up further). I do, however, have the smart cover that they shipped to me...with nothing to use it on.

3. CAWjr thread starter macrumors 6502

CAWjr

Same here, mine ships on 4/1, but I think that is the date they were telling everyone that fell in the 2-3 weeks to ship range. I figure they will have to start sending those out at some point because otherwise they will have a massive shipment heading out the door at the same time on 4/1.

4. MSUSpartan macrumors 6502

Haha same here, thanks for sending me the smart cover 3 weeks early Apple.

5. antnic327 macrumors member

Same here. I ordered a 32g white Wi-Fi at 6:47 AM PST also with an estimated ship date of 4/1. My smart cover was set to ship on 3/25 and it shipped less than 24 hours after I ordered on 3/12. And it just got delivered this past Wednesday.

I also placed an order at Best Buy and was the first to reserve any iPad at the store I went to. I'm starting to think the April 1 ship date is what I'm going to end up with because most Best Buys hasn't received anything since their first shipment last week.

6. distemp macrumors regular

Yeah, I'm assuming I'll be on the later end of the "2-3 week" estimate because I didn't order online until about 6:30 PM EST.

Stupid, I know, but I knew I could get one at Best Buy at 5 on launch day...except that I didn't take into consideration the fact that they *might* not get 64 GB models which is what happened.

7. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

I'm also still waiting for a status change on my order. Mine still says ship date of April 1, received by April 6. I'm hoping to find one at a Target store tonight (our local Target's inventory says it has one, but the employees say no). Otherwise I'm waiting it out, hoping it comes a bit sooner. I'm going to stop at Best Buy tonight and buy an orange smart cover when I'm there, because I didn't order one with my iPad, because I didn't want one at that time...now I do.

Also, I ordered a 16gb wifi, and now think I want a 32gb, or possibly a 16gb Verizon, so I'm kind of hoping to find one in stock somewhere so I can change my mind —*definitely not canceling my Apple order, because I want my iPad 2 before the iPad 3 comes out! HAHA

8. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

Check here! I just ordered the 16gb Verizon (in white, even tho I wanted black, but screw it :p ) .. it'll be here Monday!
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=verizon+ipad&N=0&InitialSearch=yes

9. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Ships 4/1, Delivery 4/6 no change in status since 3/11

10. distemp macrumors regular

11. shareef777 macrumors 68000

shareef777

Ordered two wifi units together (16gb white & 64gb black). They both were to ship out April 1st but the white was to arrive on April 8th while the black is scheduled for April 6th. I found it particularly weird that they both ship out the same day and arrive two days apart (going to the same address). I figured that these dates aren't accurate. I did cancel the white version as I found a 64gb white at a local target.

12. BlondeLocks macrumors member

I'm in the 2-3 week range. I ordered on March 11 - late afternoon.

Original email said to expect SmartCover - Delivery on March 29
    Ipad 64G WiFi - Delivery - April 6.

I received last night with Shipment notification from Fed Ex with tracking that my SmartCover has shipped expected delivery is March 23.

So I'm hoping my IPad will ship a week ahead of schedule as well.

13. shareef777 macrumors 68000

shareef777

What color did you order? I've already received my grey and pink covers.

14. Yebot macrumors 6502

Yebot

No confirmation yet.

Ordered Mar 11, 2011 at 02:54 PM PDT. Est was 2 to 3 weeks. Currently it's showing a ship date of Apr 1, delivery Apr 6.

But I've been enjoying my lovely green smart cover since monday.

15. BlondeLocks macrumors member

I ordered Blue

16. LarzStarz macrumors member

Mine still reads the same as everyone else here, ordered a 32GB White with engraving. It may take a little while, but I'll get exactly what I wanted in the end. :)

My wireless keyboard came yesterday though, so I'm enjoying that for now.

17. Dknelson728 macrumors member

In the same boat as the majority of you.

Ordered 11:30 A.M. PDT Mar 11
    Est Ship : Apr 1
    Est Deliv : Apr 6

No changes since I placed the order.

18. chilly willy macrumors regular

chilly willy

My smart cover just shipped, which was obviously before the 3/25 date given to me previously.

Still seeing 4/1 for ipad, but hoping that is outside estimate.

19. LarzStarz macrumors member

Didn't the iPhone 4 online orders ship early? I don't remember exactly. I'm holding out hope that April 1 was just an arbitrary guess, and that it comes earlier than that.

20. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

Dag.. I just refreshed the screen and it no longer says "in stock" but keep checking. Every day I check there's *something* that shows in stock. $30 for overnight shipping. Beats waiting for Apple!

21. CAWjr thread starter macrumors 6502

CAWjr

My hope is that by the start of next week, Apple will have gotten through the bulk of the "2-3 days" orders and can get started on the "2-3 weeks" orders. It looks like every person on the "2-3 week" list got a ship date of 4/1, so I am thinking that Apple is trying to underpromise & overdeliver on that one.

22. redman042 macrumors 68030

redman042

Yes, but just by a day or two. I'm not expecting much more on the iPad. If they get caught up on production they are more likely to route extras to stores than ship the orders a whole lot sooner.

23. G4R2 macrumors 6502a

My order is due to ship n April 4 and arrive on the 7th. I ordered on the 12th.

24. CAWjr thread starter macrumors 6502

CAWjr

I disagree with this. Those that placed orders online are in a virtual line & have been since the launch. It would make more sense to send the bulk of the products to those that are in line & keep the shipments to local stores are a trickle. Once they get caught up on orders that were placed through, say, the 15th, then they can ramp up shipments to the stores again.

25. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

First they have to complete and fullfill the 5-7 days orders (like mine) and then the 1-2 week orders.

I'm impatient as well, but we need to be realistic in light of the demand and priority.