Anyone install a Corsair Performance Pro 256GB SSD in their Macbooks 2010/2011?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Newbie MacUser, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Newbie MacUser macrumors member

Hey guys i'm really interested in getting this Corsair CSSD-P256GBP-BK Performance Pro 256GB SSD for my Late 2011 Macbook Pro. I just wanted to know if anyone has done it and how it has been performing the months following the install. I'd really appreciate some advice on this.
    Thanks!

2. kulla macrumors newbie

I have Corsair Force 3 SSD in my MacBookPro6,2 and it's perfect. Fast, stable, no problems whatsoever.

I have same model in my iMac 2011 and it's really fast.

Photoshop starts in 4 secs, Xcode in few seconds, reboot in 5-10 secs.

3. Newbie MacUser thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the feedback. I had looked at the Corsair Force GT and considered it because of its speed. However, I feel that when battery life comes into the equation the Corsair Performance Pro has lower Idle and Active energy consumption. It may be a little slower than the Force GT given the Read is at 510 and Write is around 400, but I doubt that would be much of a noticeable difference in the real world.

4. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

5. kulla macrumors newbie

I don't think you will notice any difference, but it depends on your usage.

6. Newbie MacUser thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I know everyone is jumping on the Samsung 830 bandwagon. I think you can get it from buydig.com for $199. The Samsung 830 has excellent Idle power drain but looking at some of the battery life tests on it at moderate/peak activity it can drain pretty fast. The Corsair is far better balanced on an energy consumption standpoint, especially at peak activity. As far as price I know it's pretty expensive, I think the best price from a major online retailer was $339... Lets say I can get it for less than $200...

7. SlCKB0Y macrumors 68040

SlCKB0Y

Given that even the most power hungry of all those SSD's has less power draw than a standard 2.5" HDD, is it really an issue?

Looking at those Anandtech the best SSD given price, performance and power consumption is the Crucial M4.

You can get a 256GB one for $180-$190 at the moment.

If you can get the corsair for less than $200 then do it!