Anyone know how long it takes for Apple to remove their authorization on credit card?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by rugox, Feb 28, 2011.

1. rugox macrumors regular

I ordered a new CTO MBA 13 inch from Apple but decided to cancel and get the same model in refurb as its cheaper and basically new. I cancelled and added the refurb model to cart and tried to check out with the same CC but it gets declined :mad:. It has been declined since the cancel and I was wondering when the authorization is removed by Apple? The refurb model I've been trying to purchase is now sold out FUUUUUUUUUG:mad:

2. lshirase macrumors regular

3. rugox thread starter macrumors regular

Damn that's lame. Do you know if I call Apple and ask them to reprocess the order, would it be possible for them to just ignore the cancellation?

4. lshirase macrumors regular

either way you will have to wait 4 business days for the initial charge to clear.

5. rugox thread starter macrumors regular

arrrrrrrrrrrgh hopefully the refurbs show up again.

6. impulse462 macrumors 68000

impulse462

This happened to me recently, and the guy I called said 5-7 business days, but in actuality it went away in 4 business days.

7. MJedi macrumors 6502a

MJedi

I think it also depends on the bank. With my credit union, the funds were released 8 hours after I canceled an order with Apple.

8. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Did you call your cc company and talk to see if they would authorize the 2nd charge?

9. impulse462 macrumors 68000

impulse462

Well in my case, I ordered but I had to cancel. They took a pre-authorized deposit and it was still there for about 4 business days.

I never actually called my bank, but I did call apple. The guy also said I could continue to use the card as if the money was there because it was just a matter of time before the money was back. He told me this after he confirmed the order was indeed cancelled.

10. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Right, that's why I asked if you called your cc. In my experience, I've seen them agree to process the 2nd charge if you get on the phone with them re: the denial.

11. rugox thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I called Apple and my bank. Bank told me that Apple authorized the fund and therefore caused the decline when I tried to buy it again. Called Apple and they told me I have to wait until the authorization clears up or use another payment method. =(

12. Cicatrix macrumors 6502

This exact same thing just happened to me. Isn't it $^#***% maddening! I ordered again today and was declined. I checked my bank, saw the balance, cool. Ordered, nope! I forgot there was two balance areas with my bank, balance, and available balance. They don't put it in the same spot. ****!

It will be there in a few days, try not to fret too much. At least we will be richer for a little while longer! lol.