Anyone know how to get out of T-Mobile contract?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacBookProzak, Sep 30, 2012.

1. MacBookProzak macrumors regular

Wondering if anyone has any experience with getting out of a T-Mobile contract ...or what to say to them to get out of it.

I have a family plan with 3 other phones and yesterday found out that the contract is valid till May of 2013. This is odd because one of the phones on this plan was got 2 years ago in October and the other 2 in December 2 years. The odd thing is that one of the phones that is up in December has been having problems most of this year and they keep replacing it every couple months because it sucks (it is a G2x).

We would like to get the iPhone 5... is there any advice on this situation.

2. doasis23 macrumors regular

doasis23

T-Mobile changes the the length of your contract anytime you make a change to you contract. Ex.Changing data plan or minutes. Anytime you make a change you need to ask will this extend my contract. You will have to pay the ETF to get out of the contract.

3. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

Are you the same guy who posted this on HoFo? If so the only legal way is to pay the ETF.

If not, same answer still applies.

4. MacBookProzak thread starter macrumors regular

Nope, not the same guy.

I figured that I would have to pay the ETF, just wondering if anyone had a scenario that they were able to get out of it due to problems with their phones an service issues with alot of dropped calls.

5. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

This.

/thread

6. Mr Hill macrumors 6502

7. aneftp macrumors 68040

Exactly. This is why many people are fed up with tmobile.

Anytime u want to may a data change or add/remove features the reps sneak and add 2 extra years to the contract

Good thing is u are eligible for upgrades. Buy 3 S3 at Sam's club/Walmart for $150 each ( Walmart SAMs does not charge secondary etf's like amazon or wirefly.

Flip those S3 on eBay for at least $450/500. Unlock them first since they support att 3G bands.

Use the $200-250 profit from phones to pay ur $200 etf per like to tmobile. That's how u play the tmobile game.