Anyone know how to output Live video from iPhone 6s to TV

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mredance, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Mredance macrumors newbie

Hi Guys, Can I output live video from my iPhone to TV? I'm use an iPhone 6S, Do I need any connect devices or APP? anyone done is? Thank you for sharing.

2. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

With an AppleTV you can use Airplay (built-in feature of iOS) to mirror your phone screen on the TV. A factory refurb Apple TV 3 is about $60. You would need an HDMI cable to connect it to your TV.

3. Mredance thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you,

I have no Apple TV, is there more cheaper way can do that? just an APP + WiFi Hot Spot sharing or APP + some output adapter?

4. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

5. Frisco2008 macrumors newbie

Frisco2008

I use the Apple HDMI to Lighting adapter. $40.00 US. No problems.

6. Mredance thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Boyd01, your solution is good and easy, but price of the cable really expensive. Thank you.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 11, 2016 ---
    Hi Frisco2008, do you mean Apple HDMI-to-HDMI Cable? does it work for me? it's seem cheaper than the digital av adapter.

7. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

Like anything else, you need to shop around. I see WalMart selling these for $35, B&H Photo has them for $40. Just do a Google search for "Apple HDMI to Lighting adapter". Note that you will also need an HDMI cable to connect the adapter to your TV though, since it has a female receptacle. That will probably cost you another $10 or more.

8. Mredance thread starter macrumors newbie