Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FloridaMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 15, 2008
Destin, Fl
Ever since I updated my iphone to OS4 it has become quite slow. I've heard other people with the same problems. Sounds like the 3G can't handle the new software. Thanks for the help.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
not sure why. My phone is faster than it was. 3G with 4.0 and all the goodies (ie multitasking and stuff)

Glad i updated mine. Try to restore and RESTORE AS NEW PHONE! sorry to caps that, but wanted to make sure you saw it, as I think this is what helps.

FloridaMac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 15, 2008
Destin, Fl
not sure why. My phone is faster than it was. 3G with 4.0 and all the goodies (ie multitasking and stuff)

Glad i updated mine. Try to restore and RESTORE AS NEW PHONE! sorry to caps that, but wanted to make sure you saw it, as I think this is what helps.

You must be thinking I have the 3GS...you can't multitask or have the home screen wallpaper on the 3g's...you can on the 3GS.

Maverick1337

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2008

You're kidding me right? You are literally the first person I have ever read that has said that. I tried 4.0 with all the goodies and when I hit settings, it took 10 seconds to load and every tap was a 3 second delay. OP there is a way because I did it. Look on the Internet and search this website. Basically you download a fresh 3.1.3 OS, then you put the phone into DFU mode, then option+click restore on itunes, then choose the 3.1.3, after its done installing you'll get a 10XX error on iTunes which is fine, you're phone will be in recovery mode, to get it out of recovery mode I downloaded a program called BlackRa1n and after I downloaded it I clicked on "Make it Ra1n" and then it through me out of recovery mode and restarted on 3.1.3.

4.0 was horrible for pretty much 99% of iPhone 3G owners including myself (yes I restored as a new phone) so it's expected you want to downgrade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.