Anyone know long it takes Apple to refund money after you cancel an item?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PhaserFuzz, Jun 13, 2012.

1. PhaserFuzz macrumors 6502

I placed an order yesterday for a base model RMBP. Oddly enough, Apple took the money out of my account almost instantly. I changed my mind today and want to get a different model, so I cancelled my order. Anyone know how long it usually takes for them to give refunds? I didn't think they billed until the item shipped?

2. Martialis macrumors member

It can take up to a business day or two for transactions to process. Obviously they want your money as fast as possible, but they don't have much incentive to fast-track transactions going the other way.

3. PhaserFuzz thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok good. So this is normal then? It clearly says on their site that they won't bill until the item ships. I just thought it was weird and was afraid it was a glitch.

4. harry454 macrumors 6502

They don't bill you, a hold is put on your card until shipment. Although it could have already shipped as in it might already be in USA (Assuming your in America), but regardless, usually time frame for any business is 3-5 business days. Also it takes time for your credit card company to process it back on to the card and for it to show up on your statement.

5. Adamb10 macrumors member

I called Apple today about getting a hold removed after a canceled order. What I did then was call my credit card company and do a conference call with Apple so the credit card company could talk to apple directly. They removed the hold right over the phone and released the funds.