Anyone know of a solution for ICC color on the PRO?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DaniJoy, Mar 22, 2016.

1. DaniJoy macrumors 6502

I'm noticing a big difference between my color calibrated screens and the 12.9 ipad pro. Anyone know of any solutions to this? I use Xrite and a cintiq 27". Ipad is a nice way to show clients work, but i need the colors to be perfect. Thanks!

2. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

i found, back in the good old days of Apple engineering (where stuff wasn't messed about with) my ipad2 has a wonderful display. it demonstrated my imagery perfectly to clients. i use a lot of whites and pale shades in my work and found the ipad2's display as close to perfect for me as possible. the gamut of shading it displayed was lovely.
    i would then manually match up my desk top monitors to match this ipad as closely as possible. and i usually got a damn good match.

these days the Pro's screen, beautiful as it is, is a million miles away from the clean crispness (colour temperature wise) as my trusty old ipad2 :(
    the Pro's screen is 'warmer' than i'd like to be honest. not really noticeably or horribly so in general, but noticeable when trying to portray palettes of white shades to a client.

whether or not the new true tone or night shift modes allow you to set a manual permanent shade i do not know.
    or maybe there are apps out there that allow you to colour tint your display?

3. Beavix macrumors 6502a

Beavix

4. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

well, that looks extremely interesting! thank you matey :)

5. DaniJoy thread starter macrumors 6502

Anyone get this to work? Keeps crashing on my 12.9 pro
    --- Post Merged, Mar 23, 2016 ---
    It's a great screen, but I'm just noticing a big difference between the pro and my color calibrated screen.

I'm surprised there is no system wide option on such a nice device. Hopefully, it comes in the near future.

6. off_piste macrumors 6502a

Sounds like the kind of thing that would require jailbreaking.

7. DaniJoy thread starter macrumors 6502

You don't think Apple would support that in the future on a device that's getting better and better for productivity?

8. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

downloaded but havent tested. will give it a bash soon and report back :)

9. off_piste macrumors 6502a

Those are usually deep calibration settings in displays. Which are the kinds of things Apple traditionally locks away from the user. I don't make predictions about what they'll do because then I can't be wrong. I'd love to see it though.