Anyone know of an App that Makes a weak wifi signal stronger?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GageAB6, Dec 25, 2015.

1. GageAB6 macrumors newbie

GageAB6

Well my apartment building has free wifi but the signal is always horrible at best and makes doing anything online a hassle. I need an app or a tweak in which I can connect to my apartment building's wifi using my iPhone as sort of a hotspot to increase the signal in my apartment. I have a monthly family share plan through AT&T so I have a personal hotspot I can use on my 5s already but I don't wanna use unnecessary data, just need to enhance the signal of the wifi I already have.

2. rzc16512 macrumors regular

I believe you can do this with mywi(jailbreak tweak) if you turn off cellular data. I would suggest using a laptop or desktop to extend the range of possible though. You will get better performance than what you would get through your 5s.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

4. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

They have those cases and stickers for your phone saw them at best buy :rolleyes: the only solution is to crack open your wallet and get the internet in your place.

5. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

I have only seen bad reviews for those.

6. geoff5093 macrumors 68020

geoff5093

An app won't help your WiFi signal. If you are trying to extend the network into your apartment for multiple devices, you should get a wireless repeater, but you may run into issues since you are trying to repeat a network that isn't yours.

Those don't work. A sticker doesn't improve wireless signal, without connecting to the actual phone somehow, and besides those are claimed to help with cell reception not WiFi.

7. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

wifi cell phone whats the difference? :p thats why I said you have to get a real wifi source. but I bet it works as well with wifi as cellular I bet.

8. geoff5093 macrumors 68020

geoff5093

I bet it does work just as well, seeing as how they don't work :p But WiFi uses different frequencies, especially 5GHz WiFi which is very far from the cellular bands.