Anyone know of an app to use the ipad as a second display?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by WuLabswuTecH, Aug 27, 2013.

1. WuLabswuTecH macrumors member

I'm looking for an app to save me some time. I download all of my classes onto my laptop, but I don't want to also wait to do that daily on my iPad (not to mention there is not enough space on it).

I was wondering if anyone knows of a free app to use the ipad as a second screen so I can take notes on my computer while watching the lecture on my iPad. I would prefer to be able to use it as a second screen because otherwise, I'll have two copies of each file (and they can run up to 700MB per lecture).

There doesn't seem to be a good way to upload an mp4 file from my computer to my iPad or i'd just do that (dropbox works, but it takes even longer than just redownloading it from iTunes U!).

So, any solutions from the experts?

Thanks!

2. GerritV macrumors 65816

GerritV

I'm using DisplayPad, and it works OK over Wifi.
    There's a decent amount of lag, so don't expect to actually work on it or see lots of animated video's. The computer screen is also scaled down to iPad proportions, so reading isn't that easy.
    But, depending on your situation, the setup might well work.

I even scaled it all down a little further:
    Last Monday, I followed a 60' webinar on my iPhone screen meanwhile taking notes on my iPad. It worked fine, because the webinar was mostly talking and ran a simple slideshow (Keynote presentation at low pace).