Anyone know of any good Bluetooth earpieces for iPhone 6 Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by daijholt, Oct 9, 2014.

1. daijholt macrumors 65816

daijholt

So I'm considering complimenting the iPhone 6 Plus with a good Bluetooth headset, to make it easier to use when moving around, but I want something small that doesn't make me look like a clown whilst wearing it.

My first choice was the Motorola Hint, but it's not out yet: http://www.motorola.com/us/accessories-bluetooth-headsets/Moto-Hint/moto-hint-pdp.html

So I dug deeper and found the Nokia Luna BH220: http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/mobile/accessory/bh-220w/

Which is currently top choice, but I wanted to know if anyone knows of any other small in ear headsets like these that I can also consider?

Much appreciated.

2. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

I have the Hint. Best BT headset I have had so far, as I like them light and small. Still trying to get the best fit. They have 4 attachments.

VERY light. I may need one more attachment to make it stay in my ear when I move my head.

Only downside I can see is the charging. The only way to charge this is to use the included case/charger. It is convenient, but sometimes I have to modify BT headsets to fit well (I am a surgeon) and stay in my ear. Sugru is amazing for this! Unfortunately, if I were to do this, it wouldn't fit in the charging case.

I want it to work since it is so small and sound quality is good.

It syncs with your contacts, so if someone calls, it reads their name and asks "answer or ignore".

Hint is for sale on your link...

3. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

I have to agree the Moto Hint is awesome! I've had it since Monday having found it at my local Best Buy and I have to say it's very easy to get used to how small and light it is. Call volume is very loud but streaming is not. Sound is a bit on the tinny side but is to be expected with such a small speaker driver. Just over 3 hours of talk/streamimg and charging case with fully charge the earbud 2 times. Some of the cool features is the auto on when you put it in your ear and auto off when you take it out, one touch to the outside panel connects you to Siri and audio pass through is an option to hear sounds while it sits in your ear. So far I'm very happy with it but like the previous post stated the ear gel fit is not the best but is workable and so far I haven't had a problem keeping it in my ear. Fun toy for now but I'm curious as to the longevity of the unit.

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

I have always liked BlueAnt, I have a V1 thats worked good for years, not sure what the latest blueants are like

5. jcmeyer5 macrumors 6502

I am running a Motorola Sliver 2. 4-5 hours battery life with the case that holds additional charges. I use it up to 8 hours a day... 4 in the morning, recharge over lunch, then 4 in the afternoon. Charges full in short order. Improvements over the previous generationnare that you can charge it without the case now, improved pairing performance, and better materials. It does appear to be quieter than the original, but still works well. Also is fairly inconspicuous when looking head on

Curious to check out that new Hint though

6. daijholt thread starter macrumors 65816

daijholt

Unfortunately I live in the UK, and the Hint isn't available here yet. Motorola can't ship outside of the U.S. either, which means I can't import it. I'll look into the Motorola Sliver though, that looks cool. The Jabra Stone 3 is also an option I've come across.

7. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

I'm currently testing between these three :

1. Plantronics Voyager Legend. Over the ear fit. Great sound quality, voice activated, caller ID, A2DP, approx 7 hrs talk time.

2. Bose Series II. Very comfortable, in ear fit. Amazing sound quality, but lacks caller ID and talk time is around 5 hrs.

3. Plantronics Voyager Edge. This is the best of the bunch for me right now. It has everything #1 has, but the fitting is much more comfortable. Talk time could be better (6 hrs) but the built in backup battery in the charger is a huge plus!

Still holding out on a final decision, and will def look in to the Moto Hint. :)

8. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

Okay, so I picked up the ' Motorola Hint ' from Best Buy today and been using it off and on for a few hrs and it doesn't hold a candle to the Plantronics Edge or Legend in terms of sound quality, and fit.

The 'hint' has thus far, frozen on me twice and I have no clue how to restart it..so I ended up putting it in the charger to "awaken" it since there is no physical button to power on/off the device.

The headset itself is gorgeous, and build quality is supreme. But, what's with the tiny USB cable is beyond me! :rolleyes:

Battery life is average at best, but the wireless charger/case is very helpful indeed.

Voice quality is a bit ...muted even at max volume, compared to the Bose and Plantronics units.

The 'hint' fits alright. Didn't fall out but I had to jiggle quite a bit before it fit comfortably...or about as comfortable as it could get for me..

At this point, the Plantronics Edge is winning for me at comfort, voice quality, and battery life.